030

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's almost three hours later that we begin our small treck back to the tree house, stomachs full and taste buds thoroughly satisfied.


It hadn't been hard to find the eager Warriors once we had reached the feast, all of them heading straight to Gran in hopes of getting more treats before the main course was brought out. Not wanting to spoil their appetites, she gave them a plate of jam and cream rolls with some chocolate dipping sauce, not giving in to their pleading and whining once they had demolished them all.

 

Stews, casseroles, curries, plates of pasta, meats and almost every food known to man had been laid out on the six large u-shaped tables, children diving straight in and piling as much of their preferred dish as they could onto their paper plates.
As the children settled down to eat, everyone else began doing the same, small groups huddling around a particular dish in order to stock up.


After making sure Gran had what she wanted, I grabbed my own food, sticking to what I knew wouldn't be left untouched on my plate or give me food poisoning. Bulgogi from Mr. Jung, Soba noodles from Kana's parents, Kimchi from Gran and bread buns from Ms. Yoo, an odd combination but a delicious meal.


I swear the boys tried every piece of food laid out, picking from each other's plates and trading between them before going back for more.


Somehow, Chanyeol ended up with a small pile of cucumber on the side of his plate, he stared at it wistfully as he ate, looking like he was about to cry as Chen patted his back sympathetically.


No clue what that was about.


I was unsurprised when they did the same as the dessert plates were traded in. They moved around like men possessed and tore through the stacks they acquired.


As the last of the plates were put away, we all stood and began making our way back after saying good bye to Gran and a few other people we ran into on the way.


Pulling my self up into the first floor, I wave for the others to begin making their way up the rope ladder, letting them know we were alone up here. Walking up the small set of stairs wrapped around the tree trunk in the center of the room, I keep going until I reach the third floor before moving to the gaping hole the wall facing the festival grounds.

 

"Umm, is there supposed to be a hole there?" DO asks.


"Not really, but a few years back we had a really bad storm and a branch took out part of the wall as it fell. Convenient really." I clarify, not shifting my gaze from the scene below.


Taking the hint, my Warriors join me by the hole, making themselves comfortable on the floor around it. Looking out at the grounds below us, we wait.

 

"Oh, Avery we found something for you." Chanyeol suddenly shot up, almost tackling Chen in an effort to grab the small green paper bag he is carrying.
 

"Here you go." He holds it out excitedly, his slightly ruffled hair falling in his eyes.
 

Taking the bag, I gently open it and pull out several small wads of tissue paper. Confused I look up at the grinning Warrior.
 

"Open the big one first," He instructs and still confused, I obey.
 

Unwrapping the paper carefully, a small shimmer catches my eye as a small silver clasp is revealed. Unwrapping it further,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter