031

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kris, can you fly me over to it?" I ask the stoic Warrior beside me. Furrowing his brows he reluctantly agrees, still not having mentally recovered from the last time he flew with me.

 

Carrying me bridal style he flies carefully towards the light, lowering the both of us onto the branch in front of it, letting me down and allowing me to reach towards it.


With another bright flash, I wrap my hands securely around the brown leather book, careful not to touch the infinity symbol yet.
Turning back to Kris, I am picked up again and we make our way through the freezing late night air back towards the rest or my Warriors.
 

As I am placed down again, I kneel on the floor and began the familiar ritual. I trace the symbol for the fifth time and the book bursts open without warning, spraying white and mint green particles everywhere.
 

As the lights began to disperse, I look back down at the yellowing pages and find my new card resting on the blank pages.
 

A light gray background speckled with what looked to be out of focus pieces of falling glitter cover the back of the card. Black and gray corner designs, identical to those of the other cards and a small 'EXO' decorated the edges. The face of the card is almost the complete opposite to the back. Black fades into a teal green near the bottom of the card, with spots of the same glitter like pattern in silver and teal covering the face. White flowers with elegantly swirling vines sat in each corner, reaching for its neighbors. A white 'EXO' is front and center as it largely contrasts with the dark background. A lilac aura surrounding the rectangular card.

 

Looking up at my Warriors, I see smiles and expressions of pure happiness adorning their faces as they gaze at the card. Kai and Xiumin, while I knew they would later deny it, have tears in their eyes as they stay locked on the card between my fingers.


Retrieving the pin from my card case, I prick my finger and let a drop of blood marr the flawless surface of the enchanted card.
By now I know to close my eyes after the blood had been absorbed if I wanted to keep my sight, but just before I do so, I see the smiles on the face of all my Warriors grow impossibly larger.


As the brightness dies, I reopen my eyes and stare at the new Warrior kneeling at eye level with me, head bowed and face blank.


He has fluffy looking, dark chestnut hair that is swept to the side, revealing his closed eyes, pink lips, and smooth skin. He wears a silver jacket with small studs on the shoulders, a white shirt and black and grey pants with two silver zip pockets on each leg. A silver chain hangs from his neck, resting on his pale skin and black gloves cover each hand.

 

He raises his head and I am met by beautiful molten toffee brown eyes, captured by his gaze. Shaking off the sudden feeling, I wait for him to make the first move, curious as to what he would do.


As he opens his mouth to speak, I place a finger on his lips, stopping him before he even begins.


"While it's nice to meet you, I need to get a few things clear before you say anything okay?" I clarify as he stares at me like a lost puppy.


"My name is not Master, it's Avery and I ask that you call me that like everyone else." I gesture to the Warriors spread around behind me, a few waving towards him enthusiastically as his eyes met their own.


"Second of all, I'm not going to name you so please don't be stubborn like Xiumin and tell me your name before I have to resort to others means." I continue.


His eyes widen a fraction as I address Xiumin by his chosen name, they do so again when I mention 'other means', obviously coming to a different conclusion.


Hurridly I correct myself. "No, no, no, not like that. I meant I would ask one of the others, namely Chen because he missed out when Kris and Tao arrived."


"Or you could just consult the book." Kai interrupts.


"That too." I agree, nodding as I look down at the old yellow pages, still waiting for the black cursive to begin writing a new set of information.


"Or you could just tell me." I turn back to the still silent Warrior, my knees beginning to hurt from the constant twisting. 


He continues to stare at me, his gaze beginning to become creepy as he didn't seem to blink very often. Suddenly, he shuffles forwards and places his hands on my sides, startling me as he still says nothing.

 

His hands begin glowing white as a soothing sensation overcomes me and the faint pain I still feel from the bruises left by training and the incident faded before vanishing completely.
 

The light around his hands dies and he shuffles back to his original position. Reaching for my ribs, I prod at all my known bruises, only to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter