085

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Anyone who has taken an exam knows that there is nothing more daunting, stressful, or both physically and mentally draining than an exam. Preparation and study are key, I remember my teachers preaching during high school, but with a warning of only a few weeks, because that's just how Daesung does things, there was no way I was ever going to feel confident I was going to pass, not with this exam. 


Made up of three main parts, all with a multitude of related questions and a mix of multi-choice and small written segments, many curses were whispered in the otherwise silent room. I will admit to no more than three of those curses. 
 

Section 1, History. Easy enough when most of the events covered in the exam I had been taught back in the human world, only now several events classed as mysteries or phenomena could be explained by the presence of Summoners and their Warriors, more than a few having a hand in the biggest moments in world history.
 

The history of the Summoner Wold we had covered in another smaller exam nearer to the beginning of the year so our focus was on combined Human-Summoner history and what part the second world played in historical events, both major and minor.
 

World War One, controversially sparked by the assassination of the Austro-Hungarian heir,  Archduke Franz Ferdinand, was supposed to be the war to end all wars and a solely human affair. However, his assassin was hired by members of the European Council who were trying to find a way to end a coup against them while the Nations remained split on how to go about such an act, several banded together and plotted to drag the human world into a war that would allow them to kill whoever they wished under the cover of being informants and spies.
 

Similarly, World War Two has been attributed to Hitler's ideas and leadership, but with their superiority complex, there was no way Summoners would follow a simple human, no matter how good his ideas appeared. His right-hand man, a Czechoslovakian man named Andel Frankuz, led the Summoners to war, promising that once the world was dominated by Hitler and the human population was low in numbers, resources and will to fight, they would sweep in and take the world for themselves. Summoners would dominate. 
 

Many not wanting to fight directly helped keep guard of the camps, even participating and contributing to several grotesque experiments performed on those captured, while others volunteered their Warriors to fight or followed the Einsatzgruppen, making sure there were no survivors left in the wake of their destructive path. 

 

When it became clear Hitler wouldn't win, Andel had him killed and almost got away with his crimes, if not for his compulsive habit of writing every plan down in a journal. Brought before the World Council, Andel made the bizarre claim that Hitler was a Summoner who controlled him with a Void Warrior, one who could manipulate the mind in ways no one fully understood and even more unbelievably, was a Zodiac by the name of Libra. 
 

In both cases of war, those responsible for the mass destruction and decimation were executed after the World Council and Ancient One deemed them guilty, their bones incinerated and their ashes sent to the bottom of the Mariner trench.
 

Section 2 was less writing and almost a joke with how easy it was. The first part anyway. All that was needed to complete the section was to match the listed Warrior abilities to their affinity. Simple if you don't think too much into it, however with the list including not only Spirit but also Void affinity, I'm sure there will be more than a few who will be tripped up by the differences between the two. 
 

Part two was slightly harder. Assuming all Warriors with the abilities and affinities listed were Disciples, we were asked to chose which Zodiac we believe they followed based on the information we had. A list of the Zodiac was provided down the side of the page with one of five identifiers next to them, each symbolizing a different affinity. Not yet knowing the difference between Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius most of my answers were bull I came up with in those few seconds of decisiveness.
 

Section 3 was the killer. Warrior-Summoner relations and laws. Relations meaning how they bond and laws simply meaning restrictions put on Summoners and their Warriors, to keep them under a reasonable amount of control. Law is the area I excel in, memorization, and things such as the laws that have no real grey area I find the easiest to remember and understand.
 

Warrior-Summoner relations, however, I have to credit all my answers to Suho and his patience over the past two days.
 

I understand the use of one's core more than I would like and even more so what the draining of a core does to the person who is drained. Bonding is also simple enough, a drop of blood linking the cores of both Summoner and Warrior like a chain allowing for the SUmmoner to call on the Warrior and bonding the Warrior to never betray or disobey the Summoner, once the chain breaks, a new one must be formed for the Warrior to be called upon again. There was nothing about Warriors and their connection to their cards and while that could mean they won't be in the real final exam, I'm not taking any chances with Daesung's psychopathic tendencies.
 

Warriors and their stars, thanks to Suho, was a breeze and had me leaving the exam room a good fifteen minutes before the end of the two hours given to us. 
 

Normal Warriors such as Desaliars and Descendants are connected to their stars in only slightly different ways, Desaliars have only their star while Descendants have their star and the rest of their constellation, enhancing their abilities when a constellation is bonded to the same Summoner. A Warrior receives power from their star until they are killed and their star will vani

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter