014

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
I kept smacking my head on the cushions in my frustration prompting both boys to see what had caused my over dramatic reaction.
As their eyes fell on the source of my head smacking, grins stretched over their faces, radiating happiness.
Both turned back to me, their smiles almost blinding as they prompted me with their eyes to give in and pick up the brown leather book from where it had appeared.
The same book that had led to the claiming of both Xiumin and Chen had reappeared and judging by the glow it was emitting and the faint sound of sparklers, it wanted me to claim another card.
This book really liked making it's grand entrance when all I wanted to do was sleep. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if I become sleep deprived from claiming and explaining this to new Warriors.
  Giving in, I got up and moved around the couch to pick up the book. As my fingers brushed the leather cover the noises died down and instead it seemed to almost hum in my hands.
  Retaking my place between my Warriors, I kept my eyes on the book before repeating the process I had done only twice before. As my fingers traced the infinity symbol the book began glowing brighter and although it took longer than it had for either Xiumin or Chen, it eventually opened and let out a burst of sparks.
  As the silver and black particles disintegrated leaving the Warrior card it was hiding laying face down on the aging yellow pages.
  Picking it up delicately, as if it would break if I held it to tightly, I examined the card. The back was black with what looked to be white dust clouding it. The same swirls on the back of Xiumin and Chen's card where in the corners of this card as well as the letters 'EXO' in between the two bottom swirls.
  Becoming increasingly confused as similarities between all the cards the book had given me became more apparent I turned the card over and examined the front.
  The background was a dark blue, almost black, and was dotted with what looked to be stars. In each corner an almost tree like mass of swirls in a mix of different shades of purple shimmered faintly as if made of metal.
  In the center, the letters 'EXO' in white with small black dots stood out among the darkness of the rest of the card.
  Looking back to Xiumin and Chen, I noticed that although they were happy, some of that had faded slightly, as if they were expecting or wanting a different card to appear.
  Looking them in the eyes, I could see worry and caution. Obviously they had noticed I was catching onto the similarities between supposedly unrelated cards and wanted answers.
  Putting the card gently in the card case strapped to my hip, I lifted my arms above my head and stretched, yawning with scrunched eyes as I did so.
  "You're not going to claim him?" Chen asked. "Not tonight, it's late and we need to rest, I'll do it tomorrow." I reassured him.
  "Please Avery, claim him now, we'll do all the explaining if you want us to. Please just claim him now." Xiumin pleaded.
  "Do you know him?" I asked, wanting to get at least some answers out of him now.
  Hesitating in his response, Xiumin and Chen exchanged looks before nodding to each other and turning back to face me.
  "We know every Warrior in that book and exactly what they can do." Noticing I was about to bombard him with questions Xiumin held up a hand to stop me. "One day we may tell you everything but for now we will only tell you the important things and things we feel like you should know."
  Nodding I accepted that I would have to earn their trust and that of the other Warriors to came in order to get answers.
  I understood though, secrets can be someones greatest strength or their greatest weakness and no one knew all of my secrets so I would wait for them to tell me theirs in their own time.
  "Why is it that I need to claim this card now and not tomorrow?"
  Chen bit his lip before answering. "We can feel when we are released from the book, we can feel your aura as you release us and with this specific Warrior, if you wait too long he won't open up or cooperate. He's one of the youngest and can't handle being in his card for long periods of time."
  Seeing their pleading and almost desperate expressions, I sighed and moved inside. Passing the bookcase in the living room, I grabbed one of the pins I had stashed there, for when I had to claim a card.
  Taking a seat on the couch, the three of us stared at the card I had placed on the coffee table.
  Carefully pricking my finger I let a drop of blood drip onto the card, watching as it was absorbed into the 'X'. The tingle in my finger let me know the small hole was healed and I had successfully claimed the card before me.
  A bright lilac light filled the room, almost blinding the three of us if we hadn't have clenched our eyes shut and turned away.
  The light faded and a tall boy stood, his skin a light tan colour, plump lips, sharp jaw line and deep brown eyes. His hair dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter