064

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A thick book is slammed on my desk, waking me from the half-asleep state I somehow slipped into while waiting for Daesung to arrive and begin teaching.


The cover is old and worn, a faded green cover with small doodles obviously drawn by previous students covering any empty space. Flicking open the cover, I realize the pages inside are no better, the silhouettes of people redesigned with mustaches, tails, and horns.
 

I close the book quickly, startled as Daesung demands we give him our attention. "Your tests, while none of you excelled, were acceptable." He drolls, clearly not impressed with the classes average score, but to be fair, w studied the stars for only eight days before he the test papers into our hands.
 

"Due to this, I am reluctant to move on but if we want to complete this year curriculum before the break, we need to move on," He sighs heavily, probably wondering why he had to be the one stuck with a class full of idiots.
 

I second the notion dear teacher of mine.
 

"You all know the origin story of Summoners and the Zodiac Warriors, if you don't remember it then the story is in the book on your desk and you better get to reading, in your own time," He growls, sending a pointed stare towards the few people who open their books, obviously falling into the afformentioned category.
 

"To begin, read from chapter four to seven, if you don't finish before class is over, finish the rest for homework." He pauses and flicks his eyes over every face in the class, I may be imagining it but as he looks at me I swear I see something flicker in his eyes. I choose to ignore it, unsure if I'm going crazy or not and with Daesung's order, I begin reading.
 

Despite obviously being a school issued text book, the text is layed out as if it's part of a novel, seperated into chapters with only the occasional depiction tucked away in the corner of the page. The words are blunt and to the point, no fluffy descriptions or fancy metaphors to sugarcoat the events recalled.
 

Occasionally refering back to the Origin Story, the book lists constellations and what affiliation the Warriors of those stars hold, going into detail about their abilities and restrictions, as well as any know second abilities like those of Chen.
 

The Warriors are never named, so while the information contained within the pages could possibly lead to problems for those with Descendant Warriors, I don't believe anyone would be dedicated enough to memorize the enitre fifteen pages.
 

Despite being just a normal book, the contents and its layout reminds me very much of the book that traps my Warriors, the no doubt outdated statistics and notes about their strengths and weaknesses, all that's missing are the names.
 

The thought saddens me. My Warriors are able to go by their chosen name, but I have no idea if the one they go by is truely their name or if they even have a name that is truely their own that they remember.

 

Many other Warriors do not have the luxury of choosing their own name, and it truely is a luxury in the world we're trapped in. I have no doubt that most have forgotten their true name, the only thing left of their origins lost to time and drowned out by a face that is not their own.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter