007

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


The next morning goes the same as the previous. I don't get up until I hear Xiumin leave his room, get dressed and eventually make it downstairs. Xiumin makes breakfast, however, today we make small conversation as we eat. I get the feeling this is going to become a daily routine for us and any other Warrior I may claim in the future.


Despite having a whole wardrobe of clothing to chose from, Xiumin wears the same thing as yesterday. I'll definitely have to ask if he actually likes the clothes at his disposal and take him shopping later on in the week if they aren't his style.


I wear clothes of blue, black and white, keeping it light and casual because it's only school and the middle of spring, meaning the weather is heating up and it can get humid very fast.


Over the last day, we'd become closer and act like friends rather than Summoner and Warrior, just like I want us to. Xiumin still has times where he freezes or throws up his mask but I've been seeing it less and less the more time we spend together.


His card is still in the box I'd put it in when we first met, I'd found a proper card case in one of the many closets of the house, so I can keep it on me at all times during school and when I leave the house. A small leather case of white with beautiful gold and black spiraling designs stitched into it, all stemming from a sparkling jewel-like button.


Mysteriously, the book his card fell out of has vanished and while saying he knows nothing about it, I know Xiumin's lying.
As we sit at the island counter once again eating breakfast, we chat about the day's schedule, talking casually about what my classes might be like and the possibility of getting a horrid teacher or two.


I know I won't be well-liked because of my upbringing and lack of knowledge but accept the fact I won't be making friends anytime soon. It's no different from my other schools.


"Will I be in my card tomorrow while you are at classes, Avery?"


I pause, fork halfway to my mouth. "Well, I assume I need to bring you with me considering this is a Summoner school but I don't know if you have to be in your card. What do you think?"


Picking up his plate he walks over to the sink. "How about you take me in my card and if I need to be there in person you can summon me." I nod in agreement, that's a logical solution.


"Plus we don't know how the other Summoners are going to react to you, at the most extreme, they may attack you so I think it's best you take me with you in either form." Again I nod.


Finishing my meal I also stand, placing my plate on top of Xiumin's. "I'll go get your card then we can head off and try to find my class."
I run up to my room, taking the box out from a small cubby hole I found behind one of the pictures. Sprinting back downstairs, I puff lightly, stairs are not my best friend when running.


I hold out the card to Xiumin, "You do know how to get into your card right? Cause I sure as hell don't."


He chuckles, smiling as he does so. "You aren't the one getting in the card anyway. Yes, I do know how to get back into my card, Avery." As he finishes his sentence he gains a deep blue aura, before vanishing into the also glowing card.


Looking closer at the card, now in a better light, I see every line on the back shimmering faintly as it catches the light. The water drops on the face looked so realistic I hold back the urge to wipe them off the card. This time, however, there's Xiumin's name in blue calligraphy beneath the 'EXO' on the face, the royal blue standing out from the almost white color of the card itself.


Beginning the walk to the lecture buildings I hold my schedule in my hand, the class number highlighted in green and the corresponding room on the map the same green.


I only come across a few students, each with their own groups of friends, giving me looks of either resentment, contempt or curiosity. News of who I am gets around faster than I thought it would and classes hadn't even started yet.


I ignore the looks as I make my way up the stairs, into the building and my new classroom. Being one of the first people there, I have full choice of where I want to sit but still choose to claim a seat in the back row, the end furthest from the door so I can be left in peace.


The room begins to fill slowly from front to back, both seats in my row staying vacant as we'd only about fifteen students in our class. I know the attitude of my new classmates will be no different to those before them, staying away from the weird girl.


Only now it wasn't just my eyes and attitude keeping people from approaching me.


After five minutes of endless chatter, the teacher walks in. He's young, of that I am certain. He has a babyish face like Xiumin, making him look younger than he most likely is. Small eyes and full lips send girls into fangirl mode, his lean but muscled build and clear skin made all the boys jealous.


"Quiet down class." He says, standing in the aisle between the rows of tables. "I am Kang Daesung, your teacher for everything in this class. Learn the way here because we are not moving anytime soon. The seats you are in now are yours for the rest of the year. Deal with it." Several people groan as they look to their sides seeing who they're stuck with for the year, others just don't seem to like where they are positioned in the class. I'm fine with where I am, if anything, I'm more than happy to be alone in the back.


"You will be taught everything that cannot be taught on the battlefield such as math, science, history both normal and Summoner, first aid, and languages, in here with me." More people moan but Daesung continues, seemingly uncaring as to what they think of the curriculum.


"Since it's your first day I will explain to you what the school expects of you and what you can expect from it in return. You are expected to follow the rules on the board in the main foyer and in your student handbook, the most important being that you listen to the Instructors and don't fight each other with your Warriors outside class unless a Teacher has authorized it."


"Every morning you will be in here with me, lunch is at one and field training stars at two thirty. Your Instructor will explain what you will be doing there. Some of you may have classes after field training, I wouldn't know. Any questions?" He pauses in his explanation, sweeping the class with his eyes for any raised hands.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter