056

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Despite a rough start, everything is falling in to place and going well.


Throughout the match, Siyu makes predictable moves and screams them for those at the top of the stands to hear, making my job so much easier as my Warriors act without my prompting and disperse or counteract the new attack before it even becomes a threat.


So far, the only ones using their abilities are Kris and Chen, the only two who are wearing the colors of their actual affinities. With our advantage over the Water Descendant deck, Siyu has chosen to fight with, none of the others have had the need to use their abilities yet, leaving the advantage with us.


"Hao-Yu! Take out the Fire Warriors!" Siyu screams, pointing at our formation and the three Warriors clad in red.


Without any verbal queue, Xiumin and Chen step out of the formation, leaving Lay behind as the remaining Warriors reshuffle their positions with a giggle.


Seriously, who names their Warrior Good Fish?


Hao-Yu runs towards the two advancing Warriors, gaining speed before dramatically stopping and digging his heels into the ground, bringing his hands out in front of his chest and shooting a thick jet of water towards the two.


Chen attempts to block the jet with a wall of flames, however, 'Good Fish' is obviously a stronger Water Warrior than the others we had come across in training and his wall is ineffective against the projectile, only briefly slowing it as if hits them both full force.


I wince as I hear the boom of the collision. Despite intentionally doing nothing more against the attack, that had to have hurt, no matter if they were bracing for it or not.


In a move that is familiar to all my Warriors and I, a dome forms around my first two Warriors and engulfs them completely, leaving no oxygen for them to breathe and rendering them useless as Fire Warriors.

 

I put on a show of actually looking angry at them so as to not let Siyu know that she's actually just helped us immensely.


"Spirit Warriors, take out Hao-Yu and the ones on either side of their formation," I say, gesturing a hand towards the single file line of Water Warriors in front of Siyu, a simple and rather ineffective formation, especially if the opponent can get in behind that line.


Reshuffling the formation again, DO, Kris and Chanyeol run out and engage with one of the three target Warriors, using only their combat skills as we attempt to keep our advantage for as long as we can, waiting for everyone to be in prime position before putting any real effort behind our attacks.


Inside the dome, Chen and Xiumin begin gasping and coughing as they run short on air and eventually pass out, floating in place with closed eyes and barely moving chests. I frown as I notice this and turn to look back at Lay who gives a small nod. Releasing the breath I had been holding, I watch for a moment longer as three of Siyu's six Warriors remain caught up in fist fights with my Spirit Warriors and I am slightly surprised as the dome remains standing despite Hao-Yu being otherwise occupied.


"Huai-Lu, Xiong, disrupt their formation, bring the other Warriors to the center but do not touch the Summoner under any circumstances." Siyu orders and two more blue-clad Warriors run towards us.


Unlike Hao-Yu, they curve slightly, trying to run in behind us and although I am not actually allowed to engage in any form of battle with the Warriors, I turn to face them first.


My remaining Warriors, Kai, Baekhyun, Tao and Lay close in around me, despite the Warriors being both ordered and unable to even touch me, they insist on surrounding me as a protective shield.


"Jing, go!"


Another Warrior comes in to help the other two with my Warriors, all three circling us as they attempt to find a break in our defense to begin detaining the remaining four. When they fail to do so, they continue circling but seem to be communicating silently with each other as they all nod and hum in answer to words unsaid.


As one they all dive at Lay, who they have obviously deemed the weakest and easiest target with his Fire Warrior Garb. Before he is dragged unceremoniously out of our huddle, I make sure to brush my fingers along his palm, a silent signal for him not to attack them and to play weak.


Once Jing has Lay securely in his grasp and detained with coils of water, Huai-Lu and Xiong target the others, and after feeling my fingers brush their palms, the two Water Warriors manage to separate me from all my Warriors despite being outnumbered and fighting them two-on-three.


However, this doesn't seem strange to Siyu for whatever reason.


With four Warriors tied in coils of Water much like one would be if they were tied with rope, two Warriors passed out, trapped inside a dome and three fighting without using their abilities, the fight seems almost over and I hear several familiar voices from the people in my class cheering for Siyu, encouraging her to be the one to finally 'put me in my place.'


I take a brief glance at all my Warriors, the white smoke surrender flare attached to my hip, waiting until it looks like they'll be overpowered and beaten before taking a deep breath and steeling my nerves, making the call.


The dome that holds the still floating forms of Chen and Xumin bursts apart with a large boom and even as I cover my ears, the noise still audible through my cupped han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter