062

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"NO!" Chen screams as he sees the new Warrior reach out towards his clueless Summoner.


As she reaches to her head, Xiumin shifts her carefully off him in favor of leaping up to attack the new Warrior before he can really begin his attack.


He's too slow and even as the first punch lands solidly on the Warriors cheek, Avery lets out a blood-curdling scream and grips her head, pulling at her hair and crying as she begins to convulse.


"What's going on?!" Kris demands as he lands on the balcony having used his ability to reach them faster than the others who can be audibly heard running up the stairs.
 

All having heard Avery's scream, they all jumped on high alert and raced to reach their Summoner, to help her and defend her from whatever was causing her to scream as loud she had. 
 

Taking in the situation for less than a second, the leader already knows what has happened and gravely recalls that there's only one way to reverse the attack and it had to be reversed before reaching its peak otherwise there would be no return for their treasured Summoner and friend.
 

"Avery?" Kai asks, terrified as he reaches out to touch her shoulder, his other hand under her chin, tilting her head up so he can look at her face.
 

He jumps back and holds a hand over his erratically beating heart as she lets out another soul-shattering scream, pulling away from him and convulsing again, curling in on herself as he hunches over her knees and grabs futilely at the snow beneath her.
 

Full blown panic sets in as they all, including the new Warrior, feel a hand grip their hearts and squeeze tightly. A feeling half hadn't felt for years and were thankful for the fact, but the others had felt only months ago, only a few meters above that very balcony.
 

The unbearable, lung-crushing pain of their a Summoner.
 

"Get her inside now!" Lay yells, skidding to a stop next to her, moisture soaking through his pants as he kneels on the wooden balcony. Chen unfreezes to help him move her wriggling and unresponsive form, struggling greatly and yelping in alarm as her tense muscles refuse to move and she begins to shake.

"Stop touching her! You're hurting her!" Tao yells from the doorway but is held back from running to them by Baekhyun as he watches in completely unmasked horror.
 

"We have to get her inside to help her before it's too late Tao!" Kris yells back, his cool and collected demeanor thrown out the window as the scene continues to unfold before him.
 

Everyone who has meet Kris, no matter how brief the meeting may have been knows exactly how calm and in control of his emotions he is, so to see him abandon that impeccable control and yell at one of his brothers, Tao no less, it shakes everyone present to the core, including the attacker and only inflates the bubble of panic.
 

All of a sudden, she falls forwards, a small puddle of blood staining the ground beneath her and dripping from her lips.
 

This sends everyone into a frenzy and has the younger Warriors bursting into frightened tears as they what their usually headstrong and stubborn Summoner become helpless under their brother's unprovoked attack. The older Warriors do their best to calm and reassure them but end up pushing them to the side, out of the way.

 

None of them were very good at multi-tasking and the current situation is not one where only partial attention would suffice.
 

With a lot of struggle, Lay and Chen manage to lift Avery and move her as fast as they can to her bed so their touch will stop hurting her further. What they don't expect is for her to convulse further and scream out again as she comes into contact with the sheets.
 

"Hold her down," Lay orders as he clambers on top of the bed, focused completely on helping the screaming girl who had found a place in his heart.
 

No one laughs as she manages to land a solid kick on the side of Chanyeol's face, or when she backhands DO, their own hands reaching out and attempting to stay her flailing limbs before she can hit anyone else. All of them know how she would react to hurting one of them, on accident or not and made a silent vow to never tell.
 

Xiumin abandons his attack on the Warrior in favor of helping, leaving his limp figure out in the snow and locking him out there as the nine of them converge on their Summoner, grabbing whatever flailing limb they can and holding it down, blocking out the screams as best they can.
 

Xiumin and Kris stand off to the side, chanting as they summon The Book of Runes to save their Summoner for the second time, the black marble book sensing their urgency and appearing almost immediately, not even allowing them to finish chanting as it bursts into existence.
 

Lay wastes no time, no longer a Warrior treating his Summoner but a Healer trying to save his Patient.
 

He pulls back her eyelids, forcing her eyes open and curses in Chinese upon seeing the glaze, like that of his own eyes, that has overtaken them. The usual bright green, now dull and almost grey under the cloudy film.
 

He reaches to her neck and places two fingers to her pulse point, feeling the unsteady and erratic rhythm through her veins and cursing again.
 

Somehow, the attack was acting faster than the last time he had seen it, his brother had put more power into the attack, somehow building up his energy enough to surpass the amount he expelled last time he used the attack.
 

Things weren't making sense and Lay becomes uncertain of how much time they have, his every move, while still precise, is now tainted with the hesitance his uncertainty triggers. He ignores the niggling feeling in the back of his mind, the one telling him he couldn't do anything at this point, that his abilities would do nothing, that she was already dead.
 

But now is not the time for uncertainty and hesitance, and until her final breath, he vows to do whatever he can to halt the attack and bring her back to health, if not for her or even himself, he will do it for his brothers, especially those who are more attached to her than they should be.
 

"Have you got it?" He yells across the room, ignoring the distraught Warriors still struggling to hold the girl down as their bodies shiver with their own sobs. He's answered as the two elder Warriors rush over to the bedside, flipping through the pages erratically as they search for the needed paragraph.
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter