047

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun streams through my window, hitting my eyes and forcefully dragging me from my peaceful slumber.

 

Today is the day.
 

.
 

I shoot up, throwing the covers off me in one fluid motion and rush to dress in the clothes I prepared the previous night. A green tank top paired with blue skin-tight leggings, while my grey and white sneakers wait for me by the front door. My drink bottle sits in the fridge, chilling since early the previous morning and several containers of food are ready to be heated and eaten whenever we get the chance.
 

I walk downstairs, an excited bounce in my step, yet I am still careful, not wanting to trip or slide on the smooth surface. I don't care how loud I am being as the coffee pot starts humming and I pull out several boxes of cereal, fill a jug with milk and set them down on the table with ten bowls and spoons.
 

Once everything is set for a quick but sufficient breakfast, I make my way back upstairs and enter the hallway that houses all my Warriors, approaching the first door I knock and twist the knob, peeking inside the spotless room to see if Xiumin was awake.
 

Xiumin is more than awake as he looks up from where he is tucking his bed sheets back under the mattress, already dressed in a white t-shirt, blue jeans, black sneakers, and a grey jacket. His toffee hair is spiked slightly at the front and his face is free of any blemishes, as usual.
 

If only I could say the same for my face.
 

"Oh, Avery. What are you doing here?" He asks, standing from his hunched over position and tilting his head questioningly as he brushes the imaginary dust off his hands.
 

"I came to wake you up, but seeing as you're already awake, breakfast is on the table and coffee's in the pot," I say, leaning on the door frame casually as I watch him approach me.
 

"Thanks, do you want any help waking the others up?" He asks, stopping only a foot or two in front of me, hands in his pockets as he eyes Chen's door across from his.
 

"I'll be fine for now, I'll call you if any of them decide to be stubborn." I reassure, knowing that if he 'helped' me with Chen, I would have to deal with a very irritant Warrior for the rest of the day and I can not handle that with today being what it is.
 

"Okay," He shrugs as he brushes past me, smiling before turning the corner to descend the stairs and get first dibs on the coffee.
 

I shut Xiumin's door and cross the hall to knock on Chen's, a deep snore greeting me as I open it and enter the bomb site of a  room.
 

Clothes are strewn everywhere and flood out of the open wardrobe, the curtains are half open and amongst the heap of blankets Chen lays sound asleep, gripping tightly onto the white hippo toy I had given him from the Summer festival and his phone upside down on the pillow next to him.
 

Carefully, I make my way through the obstacle course of clothing and miraculously manage to reach his bedside without tripping, shaking him gently I lean down and tell him to wake up.
 

As another snore pierces the room, my shaking becomes not so gentle and I begin to speak a little louder, not wanting to draw Xiumin back upstairs and lose my chance to tease my Warriors a little.
 

"Ya, Chen! Wake up!" I call as I pull on his ear, not touching his silver stud because that could end badly.
 

A grumpy and half asleep mumble sounds from the disturbed male as he turns his head to face me, groaning as the light from his window burns his drowsy eyes. "Come on Chen, you need to get up," I murmur much softer than before.
 

"Avery, It's only... 6 am," he groans as he checks his near-dead phone, the time shown on the screen more than an hour earlier than his usual waking time.
 

"I know, but we've got to get to the main building early today," I encourage, pulling him up into a sitting position, his blankets draped over his lap as he rubs his eyes.
 

"Oh yeah, it's tournament day." He mumbles. Suddenly his eyes shoot open and he runs to his bathroom, tripping several times as the significance of today finally sets in.
 

Sighing, I exit the room, closing the door because I have heard of more than one awkward situation caused by Chen exiting his bathroom with no clothes on and the door open. Thankfully, I've only been down this hall a few times and none of my trips have involved a Warrior.
 

Next comes Kai, the cute Warrior curled up in a nest of fluffy pillows, ear-buds in and his phone running through a loop of music. He's much easier to wake, I simply turn off his music and his eyes flutter open almost immediately, not able to relax without the beat humming through his head.
 

With no protest and a few mutters of unintelligible words, he shuffles off to shower. I mentally praise Xiumin for nagging him to keep his room clean as he didn't have anything to trip over because he definitely was not paying attention to what he was stepping on.
 

The next room is Tao's, and he is by far the easiest to wake, he shoots up, alarmed, as I enter the room, obviously woken by my knock. As he relaxes, he blinks tiredly at me before also shuffling off without a word, only a small, half awake nod. 
 

Waking Kris is a daunting task and I hesitate outside his door for longer than I would like to admit. The temperamental Warrior is at least twice as scary when he isn't fully awake. However, I swallow my worry and open the door after banging on it once.
 

Stubborn as he is, Kris can't stay asleep as I throw his alpaca, Ace, at him. Although he definitely isn't the happiest, he doesn't fight as I tell him to get up and ready for the day. He lights up once I mention coffee and practically shoves me out of his room, still clinging protectively to Ace.
 

Next is DO, who doesn't need to be woken and instead exits his bathroom, a towel slung around his neck as he dries off his hair, fully dressed in a green t-shirt, black jacket, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter