017

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Classes had to be postponed for a week as the last of the flood water was being taken care of by the staff. Several classrooms had to have furniture replaced from water damage and the entire campus's electricity had to be fixed after it went out on the second day of rain.


This meant one less week to get ready for one of Daesung's random quizzes and one less week spent training for the mid year assessment tournament and the final ranking tournament at the end of the year.


Needless to say, none of the teachers or instructors were happy about the set back.
 

As soon as I got home from class, I threw myself down on the couch, mentally calling to my Warriors as I draped my arm over my eyes and began mumbling incoherently.
 

Even with my eyes covered, I could see the change in the rooms lighting as they appeared in a flash of their corresponding light. I could feel their eyes on me as I lay sprawled over the leather surface.
 

"Are you okay Avery?" Kai asked, concerned.
 

"Just tried and sore, Seungri put us through hell once you guys left." I could basically feel Xiumin's stern gaze as he scanned my body, after the first day he really hasn't liked the only one of my teachers he had to interact with.
 

"What did he do?"
 

"He's starting the class on a fitness reigieme and he's not starting easy." You could hear the confusion in Chen's voice as he spoke. "I thought you were already fit and in shape?"
 

Sighing I answered. "I am but the stuff he's throwing at us is what I do but ten times harder with even more expected of us." Low hums of disapproval came from all three as I sunk further into the leather heaven.
 

Feeling their gazes still on me I removed my arm from in front of my eyes and turned towards them. "Go amuse yourselves or something, I'm napping."


I didn't hear them leave the room or even move but none of them objected to my actions as I turned over, curled up and fell into the welcoming darkness of slumber.

 

When I woke, the sky was a dark navy, as if the sun had just set and stars had begun painting pictures in the sky. Removing the thick fleece blanket I sat up and looked around, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

 

Xiumin sat on one of the two recliner chairs, a cook book in his hand and a pad of sticky notes beside him, marking pages of interest with them as he went.
 

Chen had found one of the many paper pads I had scattered through out the house and was laying on the floor drawing small cartoon people and animals with a set of felt pens, Kai beside him filling several pages with small sketches of dogs.
 

Swinging my feet, I caught the attention of the boys, all three looking up from their activities and smiling softly. Sighing I stood and stretched, clicks sounding from the joints in my back.
 

"Did you all just sit around while I was sleeping?" I asked.
 

"No, we trained for a bit and made dinner before we decided to see if you want to eat, then join us for a late night swim?" Xiumin replied, gesturing outside at the mention of the large pool in the back yard.
 

"It's dark, you've been training for who knows who long, you just ate and you want to go swimming?" I was taken by surprise as they revealed why they were just sitting around.
 

"Yes." Chen almost yelled, excitement and anticipation causing him to become much louder and hyper than normal.
 

I turned to Kai to see if he agreed. Biting his lip he nodded as he finished the last details of his poodle sketch. Out of all the Warriors I had to claim,it had to be the weird ones.

 

"Alright fine, lets go swimming. There should be swimming trunks in your rooms if those magic wardrobes of yours are still working."
 

Yeah, we found out the day I claimed Chen that the wardrobes in the house not only store our clothes but also provide us with any others we may need or want, meaning, as long as we lived here we never have to buy our own clothes if we don't want to.
 

"See if you can find a solution to the lighting and heat problem while you're at it." I chuckled as they exchanged glances, obviously having forgotten it was cold out and the pool wasn't exactly lit very well.
 

Grabbing the still warm plate of beef bulgogi they had set aside for me, I made my way up to my room, allowing them more time to sort out the issues they had over looked before I made my way down.
 

Digging out my black and blue bikini, I pulled a hoodie over top, grabbed four towels and placed my empty plate in the kitchen before making my way outside.
 

The boys stood, grinning proudly by the pool side, the area lit with some of the hanging lanterns and fairy lights left over from my decorating of the deck. The pool steamed lightly with heat, obviously having been boiled a little by Chen.


"It looks amazing boys, thank you." I then grinned mischievously. "Looks like you can use those brains of yours when you really want to huh?"


Sharing mock outraged looks, all three boys sprinted towards me, drawing a scream from my lips as I shrugged off the hoodie, dropped the towels and ran towards the pool.


Bad idea, I realized as soon as Xiumin held me captive, arms around my waist preventing me from doing much else other than kicking furiously as Kai took the opportunity to tickle the life out of me.


Chen, although in his own pair of swim shorts, didn't join us in the pool any further than sitting on the top step and watching.


Aiming a few kicks close when the sun don't shine on both boys, I was hastily released and made my way over to him, joining him on the steps as the water teased my waist line.


"Are you gonna join us?" Chen shook his head, a small smile on his lips. "Maybe later. It takes a while for me to get comfortable in the water with my abilities."


Nodding in understanding I bumped my shoulder with his playfully. "Just tell me if you get bored and don't sneak up behind me, okay?" Grinning he shoved me towards the other two boys who had started a splash war that was slowly creeping closer to us both.


Taking the opportunity to dive under the water, I made my way towards them, popping up next to Xiumin as we began ganging up on a stunned Kai.


"Why me?" He yelled, distraught.
 

"I'm not making the mistake of going against Xiumin when there's water involved." I yelled back as Xiumin laughed beside me, using his powers to throw more and more water at the out numbered Warrior.
 

Eventually the war died down and we all took to doing our own things. Xiumin, surrounded by his specialty was forever graceful as he swam laps, popping up randomly around a floating Kai who screamed loudly almost every time.
 

Chen was slowly moving down the steps as he submerged himself more and more, getting use to the feeling as he kept a tight hold on his abilities.
 

I was also floating on my back, basking in the serenity the water provided and when I came close enough, I would chat with Chen or splash Kai, unable to catch Xiumin to get him back for the tickling episode.       
 

Out of the corner of my eye, a bright light reflected off the water. I ignored it thinking it was just one of the lanterns suspended above the pool. It wasn't until Kai came closer and got my attention did I realize what it really was.
 

"Umm Avery, what's that?" Swimming closer to the edge of the pool, my Warriors moved with me. Shielding my eyes as I came closer I sighed as the familiar noise reached my ears.


"It's the book again isn't it?" Xiumin asked. I nodded in return as I turned my back to the glowing light so I could move closer with out blinding myself.


"I'll get it!" Kai yelled excitedly, diving under water to pass me before clambering out of the pool to get the book.
 

"Kai don't!" Both Xium

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter