023

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyung!"

The loud cry echoed through the house, piercing my ears and those of the boys causing us all to rush towards the one who yelled, sounding like a hoard of elephants as our footfalls echoed like thunder.


"Kai!" I heard several voices yelled as they flooded through the door, responding to the call of the youngest.


His yell made my mind go straight to the worst situation and it was apparent it had the same effect on the others as well, so we were all surprised and relieved to find Kai sitting, ruler straight in bed, gaze to the ceiling or more specifically, the glowing ball of light hovering very close to it.


"Why does this god damn book insist on interrupting my sleep?" I groaned miserably to no one, voice breathy as several of the boys chuckled at my reaction, although they kept their eyes trained on the light, waiting for the moment it would spit out the book I had come to have conflicting feelings about.


We didn't have to wait long as the light grew brighter and two thuds sounded a the light died, one coming from the book bouncing from the bed onto the floor and the second coming from Kai himself as he threw himself out of bed so he wouldn't make the mistake of touching the seemingly cursed pages again.


Kneeling down, I took the thick leather covered book onto my lap and began tracing the infinity symbol as the pages began to give of a green and bronze glow, the clouded white diamond and smooth rose quartz glowing faintly along with three other gems imbeded in the cover.


The silence was tranquil as no one spoke, completely focused on who would be making their grand entrance with the books return. Kai did look excited however as the glow grew brighter.


The pages opened abruptly, many of the boys jumping at the sudden movement, the pages flipping furiously until it came to a stop as it was over taken by a burst of bronze and deep green sparkles.


As they floated around me, I turned my attention to the card sitting delicately on the faded yellow pages.


An intricate pattern of vines covered the back of the card, the bright green contrasting the dark brown of the familiar corner designs and the deep black of the three letters at the bottom.


A lighter shade of green and white created the swirl that made up the front of the card, brown vines knotted in a Celtic design with small leaves decorating each corner as they seemed to reach for each other.


The black 'EXO'  stamped front and center on the card, standing out against the otherwise light card.


Lifting my eyes, I took in the faces of my Warrior's. Expressions on happiness and contentment met my wandering eyes, however it was the expression on the bronzed face of Kai that had me reaching for the needle he held out towards me.


Over joyed, ecstatic and pure delight are only some of the words I could use to describe him, this was who he had been hoping for when Kris and Tao made their appearances.


Pricking my finger, a single drop rolled down, staining the surface of the card on my lap before it was absorbed.


One bright flash later and the new Warrior was lying flat on his back on the floor being crushed by Kai, obviously unable to contain his excitement any longer as he displayed all his emotions through the embrace he held the new Warrior trapped in.


"DO hyung!" He yelled repeatedly, his grin widening every time he repeated the phrase.


"Well, I guess you don't have to ask for his name do you Avery?" Chen joked light heartedly, seeming to shock to two Warriors back to their senses as they remembered where they were, DO, as Kai called him, looking with wide owl like eyes towards me, pushing Kai behind him subtly as he misinterpreted the meaning of my intense stare.


"It's okay hyung, she's different." Kai tried to reassure him however DO

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter