046

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four days until the tournament


"Xiumin" I call for the eldest Warrior as Chanyeol comes running full speed at my small team. He steps out of our formation and begins thickening the water in the air around the Fire Warrior who continues to run at us even as steam begins pouring off his body.
 

"Chen," I call my second Fire Warrior forwards to slow our attacker down. He does so without any further instructions, stepping beside Xiumin and begins to send small jolts of electricity through the series of puddles that have formed throughout the yard during our training session.
 

While the sudden burst of electricity obviously stings, Chanyeol keeps pushing forwards, although he is much slower than before.
 

"," I mutter as I see two blurs beginning to run circles around my team, but with two Warriors occupied and the other two remaining Warriors having incompatible elements, we are in a bit of a sticky situation.
 

"Pull back into formation," I command, stepping closer to Baekhyun and DO as Xiumin and Chen also steps back to form a small pentagon formation, all our backs covered by each other and eyes in every direction.
 

"She's signing," Kris calls to his teammates above us, catching sight of my hands as I begin tapping on the hand each of my members hold out behind them in the middle of our huddle.
 

Thankfully, they have enough smarts to turn their hands over, so anything I am signing is hidden from view unless someone looks up from underneath us. Thank God I have the only Earth Warrior on my team.


"On my call," I say, pulling my hand back to my side and holding them both up as guards, eyes following the dark blurs of Kai and Tao as they continue to circle around us, moving in closer with each lap.

 

"Go!" I yell as I drop and perform the sweeping kick Baekhyun and Xiumin taught me, sending the flash-fast Warrior into the dirt as he collides hard and futilely attempts to spit the mud out of his mouth.
 

Behind me, BaekHyun attempts to do the same thing to Tao but misses as the Spirit Warrior interprets it, yet instead of becoming worried Baekhyun only smirks as the younger Warrior is tripped by DO's vines and held fast by the tree roots, stuck in the same position as his equally speedy counter-part.
 

As the three of us take out the two most obvious threats, Xiumin works quickly, creating an almost translucent orb of water and throws it towards Chanyeol, not at all phased as he easily dodges the weak attack. Instead, he smiles as it smashes into the ground a few meters behind him.
 

Chen stays still, focusing on keeping Kris in his sights, not wanting to lose the tall flying man as he hovers above us. In order for our plan to work, he can't move, at least, not yet.
 

Baekhyun redirects his attention to Lay as he stands silently to the side, watching and waiting for the right time to strike at our team.
 

"He's beginning to circle," Chen informs, tracking Kris with his eyes, his iris's become steadily darker.
 

To my left, Chanyeol fires up his fists and begins launching a series of fireballs our way, occasionally swiping the air in front of him to create a thick line of golden flames, sending them towards us as fast as he can.
 

Without needing to say anything, Xiumin and DO work together to dispell his flames, allowing us to deal with the two remaining Spirit Warriors.
 

"Chen, you good?" Baekhyun asks, looking back towards his motionless friend.
 

"I'm good," He states with a cat-like grin, closing his now black eyes and slowly raising his arms from where they hang at his sides.

 

"Xiumin, screen! DO cover!" I yell as Baekhyun and I move so we are back to back with the other two Warriors, ignoring the pain their elbows cause as they continue to guard us against Chanyeol's attacks, hitting us occasionally.
 

My word is suddenly encased in darkness and the only sound I can hear is the deep huffing and puffing from my teammates as we huddle inside the bedrock dome DO forms over us.
 

"Is the screen up?" I ask in the general direction of Xiumin.
 

"It's up and surrounding him. There's no way they'll be able to anticipate what's coming." He assures, completely confident in the plan we had only briefly discussed prior to its execution.
 

A rumble from outside the dome silences anything I am going to say, the dome shaking slightly as a strong burst of energy and static rushes over us, the heavy wave able to be felt as it flows over our protective cover.
 

"!" Baekhyun mutters as the energy continues to roll over us, he takes the opportunity to use the light Chen's wave of power produces to form a few small glowing orbs to light our cramped huddle.
 

As the rumble grows quiet and the static fades, we glance at each other and ask silently if he's finished.
 

I wait for a few more seconds and as the silence continues, I nod to DO to drop our dome and squint as the harsh sunlight burns my eyes.
 

Around us, a ring of burnt grass and crumbly soil marrs the yard, the slightly twitching forms of our opposing team scatter the ground, silently declaring us the champions as they fail to attack, even as we stand tall over them.
 

"We win," Chen states, grinning widely as he pokes Chanyeol from where he lays in the fetal position in the burnt ring.
 

He goes around the scattered Warriors, poking and prodding them methodically as he takes back the excess electricity flowing through their bodies, allowing them to return to normal, if only slightly tender, but that's something Lay fixes quite easily.
 

"Good job, guys," I complement as I help Tao up from the ground.
 

"What do you mean 'good job'? We obviously lost and half of us didn't even manage to attack you guys!" Chanyeol says as he pouts beside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter