042

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As per the season, the minute we exit the building to join Seungri outside, the skies turn dark and we're hammered by thick drops of rain, immediately becoming soaked and all running for the cover of the single, large oak tree our instructor always met us under.

 


" it up buttercups," Seungri yells from above us, already sitting in what seemed to be his favorite perch among the tangled branches.

 

"But Sir-!" A boy yells, his white shirt beginning to become more and more transparent as he remains standing just out of the trees cover, pushing several of the girls further under the cover.

 

Maybe some of them are slightly decent human beings after all.

 

"Nope. Training will be going ahead and you will remain here for the scheduled time. No one's going to postpone a battle because of the weather." Seungri shakes his head, unsympathetic as several of my classmates begin digging around in their bags for anything to cover themselves with.

 

"I will, however, allow you to use any rain jackets or ponchos you may have, although you must still be able to complete the course and train without being restricted." He compromises with a glance around our small, saturated, huddle.

 

Although he's been training us in hand to hand combat, Seungri had also noted that overall, our average stamina was rather poor and had created an obstacle course for us to complete along with our usual run and rotational exercises.

 

Looking out to the distance, Seungri squints and sighs before jumping down gracefully from his perch and walking towards us, hands clasped behind his back.

 

"You have two minutes to get yourselves sorted and start your laps. If you are not out within the time frame you will be doing double laps at the end of class." He orders. He turns and walks out into the barrage of rain and begins jogging in the direction of the schools East block where the third years have their classes.

 

Despite knowing that he couldn't actually see us from so far away, we all scramble to find the waterproof covers we stuffed deep in our backpacks and cautiously begin running the three-mile route that has now become no more than a gigantic slip and slide, half drowned in murky brown water.

 

As I approach the end of the trail almost half an hour later, I find Seungri back in his perch and only a scattered few of my classmates beginning to run through their rotational exercises.

 

The rotation is split up into five stages and the class into five corresponding groups, each watched closely by one of Seungri's Warriors.

 

Only two from my group lie by our colored marker, Seungri's green and brown Warrior watching over them closely as they complete their sit-ups.

 

Jogging, I take my place slightly behind them and begin the first rotational stage, stretching. Although he wanted to get the most teaching jammed into the few hours he had us for, Seungri also knew that it was important to stretch before doing anything too strenuous, not wanting anyone to injure themselves and have to sit out, missing more class than they could afford too.

 

Once my muscles are loose and I feel ready to begin the rest of the rotations, I kneel in the puddle that had formed underneath me and begin my push-ups, then moving to sit-ups, burpees and finishing with the jump rope.

 

"Avery." The call of my name is almost drowned out by the hammering rain and I'm lucky to have caught it among the excessive noise nature had decided to create.

 

"Yes, Sir?" I ask, trying to calm my slightly racing pulse with deep breaths in and out.

 

"I want you to run through the course once, then come and see me back here once you're done. I have something I wish to discuss with you." Seungri informs, looking away from the girl struggling to climb the rock wall.

 

I nod and jog over to the course, joining the end of the small line and wait for my turn, watching and taking note as those in front of me slip and fall, tripping and face planting the ground.

 

Its obvious things will be a lot harder than usual with the constant downpour, that much is made obvious when one of the most athletic boys in our class, the same one who had initially caused me problems and who held one of the fastest times in the class, fell head over heel off the course

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter