052

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm going to make a rather ridiculous request but just listen," I warn my Warriors, pulling the blue and white spotted towel tighter around my dripping form.


"Depends, how ridiculous is it? Like, on a level from one to Chen, how ridiculous is it?" Baekhyun asks as he dries his damp hair, not missing the chance to take a playful stab at his friend.
 

"Hey!" Chen yells in protest, twirling the black and green towel in his hand for a few seconds before using it to whip the only standing Fire Warrior, almost making the grave mistake of getting Kris in the face.
 

"Watch it you two," He growls, annoyed by the close call.
 

I shake my head and look to Xiumin for some help, he answers my plea with a smile and forcefully pinches both Fire Warriors, glaring at them and forcing them both to redirect their attention back to me.
 

"To answer your question, it's maybe, half a Chen?" I answer, "It's not that bad, really."
 

"Then why do you feel the need to warn us?" DO asks, head cocked to the side as he leans against the wall of the house.
 

"I just, it makes me feel really controlling, even if it's only for the fights today," I admit, shrugging as I realize how conscious I have actually become about how much I ask of my Warriors.
 

"Just tell us, Avery. We'll decide if you're breaching our limits or not." Kris demands gently, voice softer than it had been towards the two troublemakers and the small, almost un-noticeable upturn of his lips relieves me of most of my worry.
 

"You know how most Summoners force their Warriors to dress in the colors of their affinity?" I ask, sparing a fleeting glance at each of the males in our small circle.
 

"You want us to do that?" Lay asks, the bitter tone of disgust tinting his words as he grimaces. "No, no, no." I quickly deny, waving my hands in protest to his accusation.
 

I suddenly pause in my movements. "Well I mean, kind of," I admit with a lopsided shrug. "I want you all to dress in the colors of an affinity, but not your own."
 

"Because all other Summoners will have their Warriors dress in their own affinity, it will confuse and miss lead our opponent before the battle even begins!" Kai exclaims, catching on to my plan.
 

"That's genius, Avery!" Chanyeol yells, pulling me into a sudden hug as he jumps around excitedly.
 

"Stop man-handling her you giant," Chen scolds and pinches his thigh, forcing the taller and very hyper Warrior to release me in order to hit him in return.
 

Ignoring the two as they begin to fight on their own, Kris remains attentive to me and folds his towel in his lap as he finishes drying his blonde strands. "So what colors will we be wearing? We can't wear our actual colors but news has definitely gotten around about what Warriors you have."
 

I pull the towel tighter around me as a cool breeze sweeps my slightly damp hair across my almost . "We'll have to mix it up I guess. There's no point in having all the Fire Warriors wearing Spirit colors or vise-versa, it would be too easy to figure out."
 

"Yea for you," Xiumin scoffs. "Your year mates aren't exactly that smart, especially compared to you."
 

"While that may be the case for my class, we don't know about the rest of my year group," I caution. We really hadn't encountered anyone outside of my class in the same year as me so it's impossible and dangerous to assume they all behave like the few I'm forced to learn with.
 

"Yea, but I don't have high hopes for any of them," He shrugs, nonchalant.
 

"Right," Tao claps his hands, gaining the attention of everyone, including the pair who had rolled out onto the grass to continue their wrestling match.
 

"We've spent enough time talking about what we're going to do, now we actually need to do it. Avery needs to decide our colors then we need to change and get going, we're on a time limit here people." He continues, acting more confident that I had ever seen him. Ever.
 

"Maknae's got balls speaking to us like that," Lay mumbles from beside me, glaring at the Spirit Warrior from beneath his fringe. "I'm not the maknae," Tao argues back, losing his confident facade as he pouts and crosses his arms at the older Warriors words. "Really? You sure act like it." Lay snaps back, obviously rilled up by the informal speak of the younger.

 

"Enough," Kris orders harshly. "Avery, what are our affinity colors?"
 

I think for a few seconds, calculating exactly how to have them as a random mix with no pattern at all. "Xiumin, you be Fire, if we're lucky enough they might try to attack with Water and power you up." Xiumin fist pumps at the thought.


"DO, you be Spirit, along with Chanyeol and Kris. Kris, you're too recognizable to have a different affinity than your actual one, someone would catch on and I wouldn't put it past them to give it away." I continue, internally ticking off what I had left.
 

"Chen, you're also too recognizable, especially with your second ability, so you also have to stick with Fire. Kai, you take Water, Tao, Earth. Baekhyun, you take Spirit and Lay, Fire." I finish, watching for any sign of disagreement. As usual, there is none and everyone trails off to their rooms to change into their given colors. I have one leg in my blue leggings when Tao bursts through my door and freezes upon seeing my state of undress.

 

"Yes? Is there something you need?" I ask hands on my hips and still only one leg in my pants.


"Ah..." He stammers and trails off into a series of stutters. "Would it help if I put some clothes on?" I ask in an effort to stop his stammering. He nods silently and walks to the closest window, looking out as I continue to dress.
 

Once I am fully clothed, I tap him on the shoulder and again, ask him what he needs.
 

"I'm here to make sure you're dressed for the battles of course." He says, flicking a switch in his head and turning into a full-on diva.
He leaps for my wardrobe and starts rummaging through it, scoffing and shaking his head at several of the items he finds in there.

"Umm, what do you mean? I'm already dressed." I argue and attempt to pull him away.


"But not properly." He retorts, hands on his hips as he turns towards me and scans my outfit. All of a sudden, I feel self-conscious in my blue leggings and green singlet top and very small next to Tao's tall frame, his usual intimidation factor multiplied by ten in his deep brown and green ensemble.

 

"We're dressing to confuse the enemy, you're dressing to intimidate and scare the ever-loving out of them and to prove that they shouldn't un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter