029

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Starting at the closest stalls and tents, I slowly make my way around, stopping to marvel at the items on sale and the homemade treats people were tempting me with, occasionally buying a few.


The small black backpack I had brought with me from campus was beginning to weight more as it carried all my purchases and the trinkets gifted to me by some of Gran's friends, not to mention the prizes I had won at the many game stalls I had visited.


First had been the usual topple the can tower which had been easy enough, a white hippo stuff toy had immediately caught my attention and had been my chosen prize, a small silver ring had been a pity prize from the clown shooter stall, I was absolutely miserable at that game.


A new journal and fluffy pen had come out of the lucky dip and I now had more Pororo dolls than I needed from the basketball shooting stall, apparently, you got one every ten points and I had gotten a score much higher than ten in that minute. I didn't know if I should thank or curse my six years of playing in the school's top team.


By now, all of them knew of my Warriors and all were relentless in teasing me for having seven male friends from campus, even though I repeatedly told each and every one of them it wasn't like that, I knew it would be a topic at their next book club.


I had seen a few of the boys in the hour I had been wandering, Kris had gone to help Kana back at her tent, setting up another stool so they could have more than one person being painted at once, while DO had done as promised and had returned to help Gran at her table, and just as she had predicted, people flocked to see the new face helping the local woman raise money to help fight cancer.


Xiumin, being the foodie he is, had gone straight to the food stalls, I had spotted him sitting at one of the many picnic tables eating a bowl of large dumplings, a plate of Kimbap next to him.


Chanyeol and Chen I had spotted many times as they weave through the flood of people, most of which had obviously visited Kana and Kris, the two sticking together like two peas in a pod as they made their way from stall to table to tent and back again.


Deciding to save thoroughly exploring the rest of the grounds for later, I find the large field in the middle of the park, quickly moving to the shade of a large tree near the boundaries of the soccer game a group of kids had going.


Young children, no older than ten run around the field, passing and scoring goals in a way that only children could make look cute, being encouraged loudly by their teammates, teens I vaguely recognize from high school and one or two adults, presumably parents.


I don't know whose bright idea it was to have them on opposing teams but having Kai and Tao going against each other added to the fun as they tease and trick each other, drawing the other closer before kicking the ball between their legs and playfully shoving them as they run past.


They also both have their pants pulled down around their knees more than once.


Sighing to myself, I reach into my bag and withdraw the new sketch pad and pencil set I had bought from Kana's parents. Taking out my phone, I open a photo I had managed to get of all the boys as they trained, all working hard with cheerful expressions. Just as I add the finishing touches, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter