070

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Open your books and turn to page 394."


The sound of quickly flipping pages and hardcovers hitting desks bring comfort to my ears. The smell of old books and the sounds of pages rubbing against each other as they're turned brings the image of Gran sitting in her favorite armchair, one of the many books that usually line the walls in her hand.
 

With the picture of Gran in my head, I can't help but smile.
 

"Assuming you've all completed the homework, which I doubt, there should be no problems following along with today's lesson and completing the activity I'll set you. If you struggle to follow along then obviously you haven't done as asked and will most likely fail your exam." Daesung is brutal with his words and there are more than a few panicked faces as the truth of the matter finally sinks in. With the mid-year tournament over and done with, the final examination tournament was slowly creeping closer and with it comes the exams for our normal classes, including the one taught by Daesung.

 

"Judging by those faces you've just realized you can't just cruise through, huh?" The smirk on our teacher's face displays his amusement like a neon sign above his head. "Better get your asses in gear then."
 

He turns to the whiteboard with a flourish, our old blackboard having been replaced during the day-long break after the tournament and there's a rumor that it was replaced for the sole purpose of stopping teachers from launching sticks of chalk at students heads.
 

Not that that'll stop Daesung, especially if that annoying boy doesn't stop chewing his gum so obnoxiously.
 

He skillfully takes the cap off a black pen with his thumb and begins writing, thankfully avoiding making those horrible screeching noises that happen when the pen is pressed too hard. 'Defining characteristics of Zodiac' is revealed to be his chosen question as he steps away and faces us, an expectant look on his face as he sweeps the room with his eyes, waiting patiently for someone to offer up the first words.

 

Someone seated in front of me shoots their hand in the air, a small copper bracelet tinkling around their wrist tell me that it's the so-called 'class know it all', the girl who always contributes and gives off a 'holier than thou' attitude everytime she does so, even with her acne and lop-sided glasses.

 

"While the textbook you gave us says almost nothing about their abilities, I did some further research and came across a book in the library that gave more insight as to what they can do as Zodiac."
 

Several drawn-out sighs sound as we all wait for her to get to the point. None of us care about how she got the information, only what it is. Although, some seem surprised to hear that we have a library.
 

"It stated that whenever Aries was Summond, the sky would turn dark and stormy, while with Capricorn the sun burned bright and all clouds suddenly vanished. The other Zodiac all have their tells as well but the text I was using didn't go into any detail beyond Aries and Capricorn."
 

Daesung summarises her explanation into two bullet points, one for each Zodiac before turning back to her with a stern gaze. "And what book was this?"
 

She cowers slightly but squares her shoulders and faces our irate teacher. "A Fourth Year textbook the librarian gave me access to.

 

"Was this before or after you used your older sisters student ID?"
 

She shuts , unable to retort. It's a well-known fact that although she is the class nerd, she frequently takes her older sisters ID and uses it to get access to Fourth Year materials and perks around the school. They look rather similar despite the three-year and differing attitudes.
 

Her sister is pretty despite the white scars that cover her body from the injuries she received during her assessment match and is a very skilled fighter, both alone and with her Warriors. She, on the other hand, uses too much foundation to try and cover up the acne she is constantly made fun of for and is one of the weakest fighters in our class, obviously preferring books over battles.
 

"So Capricorn is bright and Aries is dark, what does that say about them?" Daesung brings the class back to attention and tries to prompt further analy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter