060

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few moments pass and nothing happens. My finger heals but no Warrior appears. No light begins to glow and none of us have a clue what's going on. At least, I don't.


"He'll come, don't worry," Chen mutters, more to Xiumin than me but I still hear his words and they comfort me none the less.
 

A few more moments pass and still, nothing happens.
 

The rest of my Warriors are still playing in the backyard, but seem to have given up on their snowball fight in favor of snowmen and angels, although the occasional projectile is still thrown.
 

Frustrated, I get up and make my way to the edge of the balcony, watching the seven figures beneath me as I attempt to tame my emotions. Noticing me, Lay stops rolling an impressively sized ball of snow and waves upwards with a large grin, a wave I return and can't help but mirror his pure smile.
 

A sudden wetness down the back of my shirt makes me yelp and begin my dance all over again as Xiumin gathers more powder in his hands, patting and molding it into a ball waiting for me to free the ice from where it has found its way to the waistband of my pants before he launches the next one.
 

As the second one hits me in the stomach, I give Xiumin the scariest glare I can manage while trying not to yell out as the freezing substance soaks through my clothes, not laughing is also a challenge I almost fail as I notice Chen slowly bending down and gathering his own ammunition behind the Water Warriors back.
 

I continue to glare, not giving him any indication of the danger behind him and I watch with sweet satisfaction as Chen shoves a mini mountain down the back of his shirt, making sure it's out of his reach and remains trapped beneath his tucked in shirt.
 

Although temporarily distracted, I send a worried glance back towards my chair, the book laying open on the seat with the card and still, no new Warrior in sight.
 

I flick my attention between both sets of Warriors, on the ground and up with me, watching happily as they let loose, not giving a care in the world as to who sees them playing like children.
 

Every few moments, I look around and try to unsuccessfully find the anticipated new face. With every time I look, my worry grows and I begin to chew on my bottom lip, my foot tapping against the wood in a steady beat that only serves to increase my already high strung nerves.
 

I look back down and attempt to distract myself further, yet every time I lock eyes with one of them, I am reminded of the presence that remains hidden from my sight, potentially not even having left their card yet for whatever reason.
 

Lay, Kris, and Kai work together to make a snowman, collecting snow into large piles and rolling them into large balls at least half their size. DO seemingly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter