061

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don't know what happens, but after the initial stab at the forefront of my head, wave after wave of white-hot pain courses through me, starting in my skull then reaching out to every other part of my body, setting everything on fire.


I'm numb to everything but the pain. I can't hear. I can't see. All I feel is the sudden internal inferno.
 

My nerves are set alight and everything my skin comes into contact with only increases the pain. I feel a hand on my shoulder and another trying to force my head up, burning my skin and making it feel like my muscles are being torn to shreds underneath my skin.
 

Nothing I have ever experienced can compare.
 

When I snapped my femur in half falling off the playground when I was 7, I thought that was the worst physical pain I would ever feel and nothing could top it, my Mother told me there are worst pains, specifically childbirth, that would make the snapped bone feel like a pinprick.
 

During my second year of high school when I was constantly in pain and fighting to stay on my feet most of my waking hours, I thought I would never feel more vulnerable and weak. When it was discovered I had Endometriosis and that my body was basically trying to kill me, I underwent several operations and was put on so much medication I thought I would never have to feel the familiar thousand-degree knife cutting its way through my veins.
 

I was wrong on all accounts.
 

And although I haven't had children, I doubt childbirth makes you numb to everything around you, to the point a touch hurts and breathing becomes a nightmare. This ranks much higher on the pain scale considering I can't even whisper, let alone scream at whoever's touching me.
 

Then again, I don't know if I'm screaming. I can't hear anything but the white noise my ears ring with. I could be screaming bloody murder and I wouldn't know. I hope I'm not. I don't want to lose my voice again.
 

With another, more intense stab of pain, I feel my body react before my brain and I retch forewards, a substance to thick to be my stomach contents escaping my body and landing where ever.
 

I feel several sets of hands touching me, moving me from my kneeling position, not letting go even as I scream, the vibrations of my throat and the increase in pain finally letting me know I am doing so. Arms slip underneath my arms and knees, lifting and moving me to a location unknown.
 

I'm layed down on something and instinctively arch upwards to get away from the pain the contact brings to the surface, however, the action forces the rest of my body further onto the surface and I feel my insides burn even hotter as I start to writhe and convulse in excruciating pain.
 

Hands grab my limbs and I scream louder as the touch makes my muscles melt underneath the skin.
 

I taste metal as liquid gathers in the back of my throat, choking me while some of it leaks out the corners of my mouth, running down my face as I cough and struggle to breathe as I feel it run down my throat and begin to pool in my lungs, leaving a trail of flames in its wake.
 

I can no longer scream, I'm drowning out of water, I'm drowning in my own body. I'm going to die.
 

I'm drowning in my own body and there's nothing I can do. I'm dying and I can't stop it. That's what scares me the most, the lack of control I have, not the actual thought of dying.
 

I wonder if it hurts or if it's like falling asleep. Is it hot or cold? Is Death a man or woman, or even a being at all? I wonder if they wear a black tattered robe and carry a scythe, or maybe they wear normal clothes and look human. Are they kind? I hope they are, after all, I'm going to meet them soon.
 

Dying means I'll finally be able to see my parents again. I'll be hugged by my Mother, wrapped in her arms, one of those special hugs only she seems to be able to give. I'll be embraced by my Father, dwarfed by his tall frame but safe and comfortable within his strong arms.
 

We'll lay on the clouds and stare at the stars forever, the stories that have faded in my memory will be remembered as they tell me them a thousand times over.
 

I'll be able to pet Mr. Whiskers soft black fur and listen to Granpa's stories in front of the fireplace, cuddled into his side as he tells me all the embarrassing stories of my parents as well as his and Grans more youthful days.
 

Gran.
 

No. What about Gran?
 

If I'm gone she has no one. She'd never forgive me when she eventually joins us in paradise and realizes I gave up, that I didn't fight to stay, to live. She'd be furious with me. She'd yell and scream and most likely wouldn't ever again make any of those raspberry swirl cookies Chanyeol all but devoured on Christmas.
 

Chanyeol. Baekhyun. Lay. Xiumin. Kai. Tao. DO. Kris. Chen. What about them?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter