025

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a very filling meal courtesy of DO, the seven of us went our separate ways. DO began cleaning with the help of Xiumin, while Kai, Tao and Chen were lead outside by Kris to continue with their separate training as I slipped my shoes on and headed out door and into the quiet campus.


Due to the fact I couldn't speak and was forbidden from going back to Seungri's class until I was completely recovered, I had taken advantage of the fact I could sleep in, even if that meant missing Daesung's class.


It was close to noon by the time I left the house, having completely missed Daesung's class as a result but I enjoyed my sleep and was starting to go slightly stir crazy after being stuck in the house for two days already.


Very few people were around, only a few small groups of what looked to be fourth years sitting under the shade of the trees and studying silently on the benches scattered through out the parks. Apart from a fleeting glance,we mutually ignored each other.


Walking along one of the main streets I was distracted by the items in the shop windows and almost ran into several people. Ducking my head in apology I continued on until I came across one of the four parks in the campus.


A large field of lush green grass, almost as big as the first year training field, stretched out, small flower gardens lined the cobble paths gently curving in different direction. Wooden benches were shaded by tall trees of Willow and Oak, several being occupied by a few ditching first years and relaxing thirds.


Embracing the calming atmosphere, I made my way through the park until I came to a large, draping willow backed on to a small section of the surrounding forest. The bench that sat under it was worn and dark, unfaded by the sun as the thick shroud of leaves protected it, the perfect spot to clear my head and escape from the world for a while.


As I made myself comfy on the worn bench, I pulled out one of the books I had taken from the second floor's library. The cover was that of red leather with a brown boarder that matched the color of the title pressed into the center. 'The Beginning of Us' the intricate lettering read, intriguing me immediately.


I didn't know how long had passed as I remained trapped between the old ink covered pages of the old book, the diary of a person unknown distracting me from such trivial matters.


That was, until the sound of a fire startled me out of my skin.


The crackling of flames began high in the branches of the ancient looking tree, but there was no glow and no heat as there would be with flames.


As the sound seemed to creep further down the tree it became clear there was no actual fire, the sound of the phantom flames setting me on edge as they grew closer to my still seated position beneath the willow. A sudden glow from the branches above me sent me into an internal panic as the red and gold light grew stronger.

 

However as the supposed flames failed to spread or burn anything, if the clean air around me said anything, I grew curious and moved to the base of the trunk, shading my eyes as I tried to catch a glance at the source of the flame like entity.


Placing my book down on the bench, a single green ribbon marking my page, I shed my hoodie and tested different grip holds on the tree as I prepared to climb. Slowly but surely, I made my way up the wide trunk before balancing precariously on one of the thicker branches, inching my way over to the still bright light.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter