073

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"For the last time Gran, there's nothing going on between us!" I huff as Gran sends me a look from the corner of her eye, one that clearly says she doesn't believe me.


"Oh? So your friends just randomly appear in your bed during the night because they're cold?" She retorts, getting way too much joy out of my denial.
 

"Not because he's cold but because he gets night terrors and hates being alone. He also tends to try and kick people out of their beds in his sleep so the others won't let him join them, but I'm the only one he hasn't been able to kick out so far." I shrug after explaining. It seems like a weak excuse but is actually very true.
 

"Uh-ha," Gran mutters as she shakes her head and turns back towards her kitchen where a series of giggles echo from.
 

"Baekhoon, no! You put the chocolate in after the flour," I hear Mina protest and can't help but laugh at her mispronunciation of Baekhyun's name.
 

After making my promise to Mina, a surprisingly calm afternoon was followed by an equally calm night but all was it's head when Gran came to get me up in the morning and found that my bed had a second occupant.

 

Technically a third occupant as well, if you count the unicorn that is.

 

The rest of the morning consisted of both me and Lay denying whatever relationship Gran now thinks we have and are too scared to expose. The others helped us but even with eleven against one, Gran still holds strong and continues to try and get the answers she wants to hear.
 

There's no way I would tell her the truth behind Lay's visit. She certainly wouldn't take it well if she found at that not only did he have night terrors but so does everyone else in the house because I almost died.
 

I don't want her to have a heart attack.
 

Mina provided a temporary distraction for the old woman, she spent no more than an hour teaching all my Warriors, except DO, and Mina how to make several different treats and then for some reason got the idea in her head that it's a good idea to leave them to make what they want without any supervision from her.
 

"What's the worst that could happen?" She'd said.

 

I asked if she wanted me to start reading the list from A or Z.

 

Surprisingly, we haven't smelt smoke nor have there been any panicked screams so I assume all must be going relatively well. For now.
 

After no less than two hours of general chatting with Gran about school and life, with the occasional hint towards Lay and I's non-existent romantic relationship thrown in by the old woman, Chanyeol prances out of the kitchen with a plate full of only slightly crispy cookies, a somehow still energetic Baekhyun trailing behind him with another plate of the less charred delicacy.
 

In a parade-like fashion, each Warrior exits the kitchen with a plate of what they've made and sit in a semicircle around Gran's soft armchair, waiting patiently for her to finish the row of knitting she's on.
 

Kai is the last to re-enter the room and I giggle at the sight of a red-faced Mina hanging upside-down from his back. Somehow, the young Warrior manages to not only hold her ankles and prevent her from falling but also carry the plates belonging to both of them. It is only when I notice the fact that the plates are actually small sealed tupaware containers that I fathom his juggling act.
 

"So we tried to have a vote between the eleven of us on who made the best cookies and it ended up as a draw so we want you to make the final decision as the master of everything food," Tao announces, grinning widely at Gran as she rewinds her wool back into a bundle.
 

"Xiumin, Lay, and DO are out of the running since we all know they can cook," Adds Kris, "But we still want to know if they meet your standards."
 

"Well then, that is a very fair way to do things. Who's first then?" Gran coos, looking to the Warriors on either side of her with an expectant gaze.
 

Luhan and Chen both gulp and look towards their creations. Chen's are a nice golden color but are slightly darker around the edges indicating a little too long in the oven and while it's more than satisfying to see the chocolate chunks melting, the deformed shape of each and every piece of dough ruins the satisfaction of it all.
 

Luhan had obviously tried a different recipe, forgoing the mainstream chocolate chips or chunks and instead, trying his hand at what Gran calls Dark Forest, a chocolate dough with berry flavored jellies and fresh raspberries Luhan had asked to pick from the vine in the garden. While not entirely perfect, they certainly look much more circular then Chen's.
 

Chen hesitantly offers up his plate, sudden nervousness seeming to hit him like a brick as his hands wobble.
 

Choosing carefully, Gran picks one from the top of the pile and while I'm not judging, I also grab one for myself. It's always a good idea to taste-test anything that comes from my Warriors, just to see if they have the skills necessary to gain access to the kitchen back home on campus.
 

There is a slight crunch as we bite in them and I moan as I feel the chocolate melting in my mouth. The texture, while crunchier than I'm used too, is similar to that of bread that has been toasted to a stage somewhere between golden and not at all.
 

Gran makes a surprised noise and Chen stares on, seemingly unsure whether

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter