021

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I woke again, almost every movement sent pain through my ribs, making it difficult to breathe. Definitely cracked.


With as little torso movement as possible, I made my way to my bathroom to shower and change for class. Kris was right when he said I was to stubborn to skip classes for a day even if I was in excruciating pain.


Shuffling down stairs, I took my seat next to Tao at the table in the dinning room, the bench in the kitchen now to small for our growing group. Xiumin, having anticipated my pain, set a bowl of porridge in front of me as everyone else chomped down on the more solid foods set out on the table, a small tablet of Advil resting next to my glass.


"Are you feeling okay?" Chen asked, worried because I wasn't teasing them as I normally would. I nodded with a small smile, calming some of his nerves as my lack of speech caught the attention of everyone else.


"You sure?" Kai asked. Again I nodded. "Then why aren't you talking to us?" Tao pouted, worried I was giving them the silent treatment as punishment.


Sighing, I stood and made my way to the book shelf in the living room, taking a blank pad of paper and a pen back with me. Sitting back down I began writing.


'My chest hurts to much to speak. I think I cracked a few ribs.'


Reading what I had written, understanding flitted across their faces. "Then why are you going to class?" Kris asked, surprising us all as he had never spoken directly to me unless he had to, apart from yesterday.


'I can still attend Daesung's class but I'll need to figure out something for Seungri's.'


"She had a point. If she gives Daesung a note to tell him she isn't able to speak then she can still attend class and I'm sure she'll leave early if the pain becomes too much." Xiumin gave me a pointed look at that. "We just need to figure out how to signal our combinations with out words."


"Or she could just watch the class until she's better." Chen pipped up again, gaining a small glare from me as I disapproved of the idea.

 

"Or not." He smiled sheepishly.


'Since almost everyone is in every attack, I'll keep Xiumin next to me and signal the combos to him so he can then tell the rest of you.'
"Aw, why can't I stay beside you? Why does it have to be the baozi?" Kai whined, Tao pouting from next to me nodded. "Hey!" Xiumin yelled out indignation.


'Xiumin is the only one who doesn't have to move to use his ability apart from Chen, who has to move to use his electricity. He can stay beside me and not have to move unlike the rest of you. As much as I hate to admit it, I can't protect myself with my ribs causing so much pain.'


Agreeing reluctantly, the six of us began brainstorming how I could signal each of our different attacks without having to speak.
Eventually, we settled on the idea of using taps to signal different attacks, coded with numbers and each of Xiumin's fingers would represent one of the Warriors.


It was a little difficult to grasp at the beginning but as we continued to practice through out the morning we finally managed to get all the signals memorized.


Retreating back to their cards, each Warrior bid me good luck for the day in their own ways, allowing me to walk to the main building without the usual bickering.


Upon entering Daesung's class, I left a small folded up note on his desk at the front of the room before retreating to my seat in isolation at the back of the class, deciding to nap while waiting for said teacher to make his grand entrance.

 


 

 

 


If the tap on my shoulder hadn't woken me, the large bang that followed wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter