020

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was cocound in a ball of warmth. The heat enveloping me, taking over my sences as I embraced the feeling. The cobwebs that clouded my mind slowly faded as my eyes flitted open.


Groaning, I tried to sit up, the action proving to be very difficult when the slightest of movements made my chest clench in pain. Huffing, I stopped trying to rise from my position, looking to the ceiling.


Soon enough, two pairs of hands were gently placed on my back and arms while a third adjusted the pillows behind me, helping me sit up. Five pairs of eyes came into my line of vision, watery smiles adorning their tired faces.
 

"Your awake." Chen said, voice low as he scanned my face for any signs of pain.
 

"No, I'm not." I joked, voice hoarse as scratchy, my throat making it feel like I was swallowing a thousand knives and an elephant had decided to sit on my chest.
 

"Here, drink this." Xiumin shuffled forwards, a glass of water held out towards me. The cool water relieved some of the pain, my throat no longer feeling as dry and scratchy as it did before.
 

Placing the empty glass on the bedside table, I hunched forwards as I began coughing violently, chest heaving and lungs burning as my eyes began to water.
 

A tentative hand patted my back lightly, comforting my as I continued to gasp for breath even after my coughing fit had finished.


"Are you okay Avery?" Kai asked as he relocated his hand to my hair. "I'm okay, just a little sore and sick." I reassured, not missing the glare Xiumin sent towards Tao, obviously blaming him for stopping them from helping me.
 

Both Kris and Tao had positioned themselves further from the others, having dragged two of my beanbags closer and planting themselves there instead of being pressed up against the bed like the other three.
 

It was obvious they were trying to avoid them although it seemed as if they only harbored blame against Tao and not Kris, which I don't understand in the slightest.
 

I was rather surprised to find evidence that they hadn't left to sleep or eat, still in the clothes they wore when training yesterday, which were now crinkled and their stomachs growled angrily as they were left unfed.
 

"Are you going to be okay?" Kai whispered, eyes shining with unshed tears as he worried for the answer.
 

"I'll be fine, I just need to rest for a bit and try not to aggravate my ribs." My voice came out croaky, the water causing it to take on a different tone.
 

"Go rest, there's still a few hours until class and you all look like you got run over by a bus or two." I pushed him lightly towards the door, looking at all my Warriors as they reluctantly nodded and moved towards the door, worried beyond

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter