043

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Now that's ing weird!" Baekhyun exclaims, flicking his eyes between me and Kai, or more specifically, our plates.


Everything had been going as normal, both Xiumin and DO had brought out the six plates, almost cracking from the weight of the food forced to balance on top of them as they were expertly walked from the kitchen to table, not a single crumb being lost on the way. Chanyeol had then run through the doorway, almost slipping on the wood floor in his fluffy Pororo socks, a large jug of juice in each hand.

 

Once everyone had been rounded up from around the house and Kai and Chen had come to a temporary truce, we all sat at the table and my nine Warriors waited eagerly for me to give them the go-ahead that would begin the food free for all.

 

Then chaos ensued. Waffles were torn in half as they were grabbed from opposite sides, pancakes mauled by forks and fruit bowls were almost spilled in the rush to grab the desired fruit.

 

It wasn't until things had calmed and everyone was satisfied by their plates content and Tao had begun trying to mooch food off of Kris that Baekhyun had noticed the so-called 'ing weird' combination I had introduced Kai to when we were left alone in the kitchen.

 

Pancakes dripping in maple syrup and coated in Nutella that then had what seemed like an entire jar of peanut butter smacked on top.

 

Delicious, not weird.

 

"But it's yummy." Kai manages to mumble around his mouthful.

 

"How? How is that even edible?" Chen asks, grimacing as he grimaces down at Kai's plate.

 

Kai shrugs and continues to shovel more into his mouth, not understanding how it tastes so much better than it looks.

 

"Try some." I singsong to him, offering him a forkful.

 

Grimacing harder, he slowly draws away before inching forwards to take to offered utencil. He hesitates as he draws it closer to his pursed lips, still contemplating on whether to actually go through with it and try it.

 

In a flash of movement, the fork is in his mouth and his eyes are clenched shut as if he had built up the courage and had acted before he could back out. It takes a few seconds of chewing before he begins to show any reaction. His clenched eyes relax and open and his head to the side as he delves deeper into the flavor.

 

We wait in heavy silence, anticipating his final verdict, even as Kai continues to stuff his face and Xiumin sneaks more berries from Chanyeol's plate while he's distracted, even Lay has come out of his own little world to witness.

 

As Chen swallows, the silence grows thicker as we press him with our eyes for his answer.

 

Without saying a word, he gives us our much-anticipated answer as he uses my fork to stab one of Kai's pancakes and quickly inhales it as the younger Warrior stares, gobsmacked at his plate.

 

Smiling, I begin to eat again, knowing they are about to start fighting again and choosing to block it out and watch the rest of my Warriors as they also begin trying to recreate my masterpiece, Baekhyun quickly revoking his statement as Chanyeol forces a heaping spoonful into his mouth mid-protest.

 

Also, who eats pancakes with a spoon? Chanyeol's ing weird, not my pancakes.

 

"Stop stealing my food you mother ing !"

 

The yell stops all of us midmovement, some with food halfway off the plate and some with cups pressed to their lips but all with their mouths wide open in shock.

 

"Kai!" Xiumin yells, his face quickly taking on the expression of a scolding parent as he turns to face the youngest Warrior.

 

"What?! He's stealing my food!" He complains, whining like a child, but the dangerous glint in his eyes tells me that he will not take it well if Xiumin tries to go against him.

 

"That still does not need that sort of language, Kai." He scolds, even giving him the same look I remember my Gran giving me when I was in trouble, which was a lot.

 

"But he's stealing my food!" Kai continues to argue, the glint growing in strength in his eyes as he slaps at Chen's hand, making him drop the fork that had been inching closer and closer to his pancake stack as he argued.

 

"Avery, help me out here please?" Kai begs, giving me the kicked puppy dog look that I still fall for, even with that slightly terrifying spark.

 

I give a heavy sigh and place my head in my hands as I lean my elbows on the table. "Xiumin is right Kai, I understand that you are protective over your food but that doesn't mean you can swear like that at him, he is still your hyung. On the other side of the coin, Chen, stop stealing his food or I will let him do what I know he wants to do to you." I warn, glaring at both of them, although Chen's might have been a little harder.

 

Glaring at Chen, Kai goes back to cleaning his plate, as do the rest of us as the tension remains clinging in the atmosphere around us.

 

As we one by one finished eating, the plates are stacked and cutlery placed on top in a small bundle, the cups are placed on the kitchen counter and the condiments placed back in the cupboard and fridge.

 

I begin making my way to the back door where I keep the shoes I wear during our training sessions, when I am abruptly stopped by Baekhyun and Lay running in, almost bowling me over, from outside, both rushing in the direction of the living room and, panicked, I follow them.

 

As I round the doorframe, I'm not met by a pleasant sight. On the ground with his hands up in surrender, lays Chen, his back pressed against the carpet and his head next to a spilled bag of chips. Pinning him to the ground is Kai, face red and lips pulled up in a snarl as he straddles him, fist up and ready to strike at any moment.

 

"What is going on here?" I yell, startling both Warriors. Chen looks to me desperately, eyes beginning to water and pleading for me to help him, while Kai didn't remove his eyes from his chosen victim.

 

"Chen tried to take one of Kai's chips," Tao whispers, almost as if he was scared to catch the attention of the now extremely volatile Kai.

 

I sigh and flop down on the closest piece of furniture, rubbing my forehead with my hands as I attempt to fend off the developing headache. Reaching a decision, I sit up and stare, emotionless at the pair on the ground.

 

"Kai, get off of Chen and go sit on the couch. Chen goes sit on the other chair. DO, can you please clean up the mess?." I order the two troublesome Warriors, asking DO lightly to help and silently pleading for him not to chose now to try and test what I'll do if he said no.

 

Without argument, they do as I ask. I sigh again and look towards the two eldest Warriors, knowing they'll either oppose my decision or help me out. I can't do it w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter