050

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
There is no doubt they have passed the test. The entire school is up on their feet screaming their approval and applauding so loud it sounds like thunder.
The three remain locked in their positions, not letting go or lowering their weapons, but they grin at each other, panting and puffing but ecstatic. The instructor approaches them and gives them a hard stare, arms crossed in front of him as he waits for the three to untangle themselves.
  The staff positioned in front of the five stands all relax and wander away from their positions, climbing the stairs and trying fruitlessly to quiet the screaming student body. While I generally listen to my teacher and instructor, the teacher that attempt to silence my row is neither of the two and therefore, I keep clapping loudly, although still significantly quieter than the rest of my section.
  The announcer speedwalks over to the small group in the middle of the field, microphone clasped tightly in his fist. He waits for JP to finish congratulating his students before moving closer, now assured that the fight is well and truly over.
  "Well done, well done." He says, shaking the hands of the three students and their teacher. "I believe the school's opinion is unanimous and fairly obvious. Congratulations Eric Nam, Amber and Henry Lau, you are now official battle supervisors!"
  The three friends don't hesitate to hug, practically launching themselves at each other, forming another tangled mass of indistinguishable limbs. Once they calm down from their high, they stand shoulder to shoulder and pretend they didn't just act like five-year-olds in front of the entire school.
  From somewhere near the bottom of the far left set of stands, Jiyong stands and makes his way over to the group of five, motioning for the microphone and dismissing the announcer as the other staff members finally silence the rest of the school.
  "Thank you for organizing the match this year Dayoung." He thanks the announcer and I take a mental note of his name because you never know who you're going to run into later.
  Jiyong motions for JP to take his students back to where they came from, waving a hand to the gap between the stands and speaking to him in a low voice as he holds the microphone down by his side. Once they are gone, a final wave is given by Eric to each stand before he is dragged away, Amber and Henry dragging him by each arm out of sight, Jiyong continues addressing the school with a small grin.
  "It is now nine o'clock and the first few rounds are scheduled to start in an hour, the timetables for each year have been put up around the school and the event venues set up. All training areas are now open and I suggest you use what time you have between now and your matches wisely."
  A buzz arises from the students as he reveals the starting time and a few begin to pack up their belongings from the ground or seats around them. However, the staff still lining the stairs force them to sit back down again with stern glares.
  "You will stay seated until I release you," Jiyong orders, his voice taking on a different tone as it loses the casual flare from before.
  "You all know how serious this Tournament is, and I know every one of you will give each round your all, however, I want no lasting or preventable injuries. This is your final warning unless you are taking part in the Mixed battles." He states, the undertone of authority growing stronger with each word. "I am in charge of punishments this year, and I am not as soft as Jeonil."
  I cringe as a shiver runs down my spine, the threat clear and all too real as the previously unthreatening man standing in the middle of the field is suddenly revealed to be the most threatening person I will most likely encounter today.
  "I will repeat the list of training areas in case any of you have forgotten and to reinforce the fact that Warriors can only be summoned in these areas and inside the arenas." Jiyong states before pulling out a slip of paper from his jacket pocket and reading the list I had gone over in the morning.
  I sit on the wooden bench, surrounded by the faces of my classmates and people I have never met before, all of us intimidated into silence by a man who didn't look any older than twenty and was definitely shorter than a majority of the more senior students.
  Finally, we are dismissed and flood out of the stands in a somewhat orderly fashion. Seeing that the first schedule I come across is surrounded by other students and that it would be almost impossible to reach, I continue walking through the school, taking in the similarities between the Senior side compared to my side.
  Nothing was really that different. Anything that could be bigger on our side of the school is bigger and better here but eventually, that will be ours so who am I to complain.
  I kept the summoning restrictions in mind as I attempt to find a schedule that isn't being swarmed by students, beginning to feel slightly lost and alone in the unfamiliar environment. Finally, after walking for a good fifteen minutes in the vaguely familiar halls, I come across a large A3 sheet of paper tacked on the wall outside a classroom.
  I scan the sheet and search for my name, finding it next to another name I have never come across before and the time 4:30 pm. Sighing at the late time, I bring out my phone and take a quick picture for later. Scanning for my second match and finding it next to a vaguely familiar name and an even later time of 5:20 pm.
  Despite the school deeming cellphones as 'too distracting from studies' and cutting o
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter