034

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Faster!"


"Harder!"

 

"Will you hit the target at least once!"
 

"Dammit! You're pathetic, all of you!"
 

Seungri screams at us, over the past hour he had been getting increasingly more annoyed at us, disappointed with our current standard and had continued to scream louder and louder at us, as if it would somehow get us to improve in the short space of the lesson.
 

"That's it, all of you stop!" He yells, the hand running through his hair pulling at the dark strands. Everyone freezes in their movements, scuttling closer to our instructor before he blows up at us again. Hands wring nervously behind backs and lips are turned red as they're bitten harshly with anxiety.

 

Heaving a sigh, Seungri pinches the bridge of his nose and shakes his head, eyes downcast as he tries to get a grip on his emotions.
 

"In three weeks, I repeat, three weeks, you have the mid-year assessment tournament, your only practice for the end of year placement tournament. Most of you are semi-competent in Warrior combat but all of you, again I repeat, all of you, are useless when it comes to Summoner combat." Seungri sounds very much like a pissed off parent lecturing their misbehaving kids.
 

"When you leave Nocte, you will not always have your Warriors with you in combat and at this rate, you will die because you cannot even punch a reasonably sized target. You are all useless! Why are you Summoners?!" He continues to rant, pacing out the front of our wobbly semi-circle.
 

"If you cannot punch without breaking your fingers or kick without sending your opponent at least three feet backward then you have no business being a Summoner, you may have been born one but you are not a true Summoner until you can fight your own battles, without your Warriors. I will be talking to Daesung about teaching you the true purpose of Summoners, God knows you need to learn what we really are." He continues, the classmates I can see get even more anxious the longer he speaks, unable to stay still as their nerves go haywire.
 

"From now and until I am satisfied with your performance, there will be no Warriors summoned in my class period without my explicit permission. You will be training only to fight without the aid of your bonded Warriors, you will learn to fight your own battles and you will learn to become true Summoners." Seungri announces, stopping in his pacing as he turns to us with an expression of stone.
 

Unhappy members and agast whispers resonate throughout the class, several of the more hot-headed Summoners growling loudly as they try to argue against the instructor. No luck there.
 

"Two laps around the field and you are free to go," Seungri orders, ignoring the yells being directed towards him as he points to the large area of grass we train on.
 

Sighing, I move with the majority of my class and begin jogging the now familiar route around the back of the Academy. I measure my breathing and make sure to keep the same pace throughout my two laps, not wanting to crash and burn if I went to fast or have extra laps added on for running to slow.
 

Once I have finished, I spend a few minutes stretching, keeping my muscles loose so they don't hurt for my own personal training later on or the next morning.
 

Drinking deeply from my water bottle, I pick up my backpack and begin the short walk home, calling mentally to my Warriors as I round the building and start down the main road. Two flashes of red light alert me to the arrival of my two Fire Warriors, the others allowing the two to have their time with me as they appear back at the house.
 

In the past three months, a lot has happened.
 

Firstly, Lay has allowed me to become his Summoner, giving me back his card with the promise

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter