028

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Hurry up guys!" Chen and Chanyeol scream, scaring the poor old lady they were running past.   Ignoring their childishness, I continue walking at a leisurely pace with the rest of my Warriors, occasionally yelling directions when the two Fire Warriors began going the wrong way.   It took a bit of convincing on my part, especially when it came to DO and Chanyeol, but I finally managed to convince everyone to attend the Solstice festival with me. After almost two days of pleading and begging, they now seem more excited that me.   While Kai, Chen, and Tao wanted to go from the moment I first mentioned the annual celebration and all its festivities, the others were more than a little weary but agreed once they learned it was a human festival off campus and not one where our every move would be heavily scrutinized.   Just before noon, we exited Nocte Academy's campus for the first time together, Chen and Chanyeol immediately running ahead once I pointed them in the right direction, while the rest of us began a casual conversation, one that had somehow morphed into an insult battle between the two youngest.   Hastily apologizing for my Warriors rowdy-ness I shake my head, a smile plastered on my face as the tall gates of the park emerge around the next corner.   Small strings of fairy lights and banners made by the local school children hang on fence, streamers and braided ropes are woven tightly around the bars of the gate, making even the imposing black iron look festive.   Beyond the gates locals and travelers of different races and ages mingle around the large field, setting up stalls and talking in small groups as they add the finishing touches to the grounds.   "Come on." I grin as I pull Chen's arm, he and his partner in crime having froze once they reached the gates, all sense of direction escaping them.   Chuckles sound from behind us as I suddenly became a kid in a candy store, greeting everyone I know and weaving expertly through the large crowds, choosing the fastest route to our first location.   Dropping Chen's hand, I sprint to the colorful table, the banner overhead reading 'Sweet treats and lucky dips'. The stall manager sitting comfortably in a cushioned garden chair as her white hair gleamed in the mid-day sun.   "Grandma!" I scream as I run, diving in for a hug before the poor woman could even react to my presence.   "Avery, darling it's good to see you, Dear." She spoke softly, her voice the same as it had always been, soft and caring.   "I missed you, Gran." I murmured into her shoulder, pressing myself closer as I inhaled the scent of her favorite rose scented perfume. She says nothing, only pulling me closer as she appeals to my mind, reassuring me that I wasn't the only one left with a sense of longing.   Pulling back, I stand from beside her chair, wiping my watering eyes as my shaking lips curl upwards.   "Gran, these are my friends from Nocte, Xiumin, Chen, Kris, Kai, Tao, DO and Chanyeol." I point to each person as I introduce them, each waving and smiling as Gran nods to each of them in greeting.   "It's nice to meet you all, I hope your all keeping my Granddaughter out of trouble." She raises an eyebrow as she teases me, laughing as my Warriors exchange looks.   "To be honest she's the least troublesome person here," Xiumin said, sheepishly scratching the back of his head as he answers Gran.   She laughs harder as she obviously believed no-one could be more troublesom than the girl who used to run off and sulk for hours at a time because she couldn't get one of her drawings quite right.   "Well since your friends with Avery, help yourselves to a treat from the table." She waves towards the rows of mini cakes, biscuits, and slices lining the rainbow tablecloth.   I have to chuckle to myself as you could almost see the rivers of drool begin to drip out their mouths as they scamper closer, meta-cautiously picking which sweet treat they would enjoy first.   "Only one guys, we need to sell the rest for fundraising.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter