072

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a series of incidents over the span of a week, both Daesung and Seungri were quite clearly almost at their wit's end with me.

 

Seungri still has it in his mind that I have anger issues, while Daesung is more understanding and has spoken to Seunghyun about his suspicions on my out-of-character behavior.


Seunghyun has made it quite clear to them that I don't have anger issues, despite what Seungri believes, and that my recent behavior is a consequence of my traumatic experience, theorizing that the new need to assure myself that I am in control of what is around me and what I am doing is sparking the outbursts that were slowly driving them both crazy.


So far, not only have I punched a student in the face, but I have knocked two unconscious, destroyed our training field more than once and have been on several rants that even Daesung has not been able to stop me from continuing.


I'm not all too shocked when early Friday morning three sharp knocks sound from the other side of the front door and DO leads a casually dressed Daesang into the dining room, a white envelope clasped tightly in my teacher's hand.


"Daesung?"


"Good morning, Avery." He nods to me, politely ignoring the fact that I am in my pajamas, have not even attempted to brush my hair and no doubt have jam on my face.


"What are you doing here?" He walks closer and hands me the envelope before moving to lean against the wall next to the doorway he entered through.

 

I tear open the paper and pull out the bright orange slip inside. It takes more than a moment for my brain to process the words printed on it but when I finally comprehend them, I am slightly confused at the sudden missive.


Handing the paper to Kris I stare down my teacher but before I can start firing questions at him, he puts up a hand and motions for me to let him speak before beginning my attack. Out of the pure need to know what the hell is going on, I let him speak.


"As I'm sure you know, your behavior over the past few days has been very out of the ordinary and is honestly starting to drive not only me but Seungri and Seunghyun a little beyond our limits. It is due to this that we had a small consultation and decided that this was the best course of action and after getting permission from Principle Jiyong, I am to take you home."


"So I'm being dismissed?" I ask, pushing my plate towards Chanyeol when I lose my appetite. The giant happily dives and practically inhales both slices of toast, leaving a large smear of red jam across his chin.


"Are you seriously expelling Avery? I mean honestly? She's one of the strongest students in her class, won both her rounds during the tournament, actually works hard for what she has and has done nothing wrong. Do you know how hard she works to be where she is? None of your other students like her and the constant ridicule along with the trauma from certain events just adds up but you're going to expel her for speaking out once or twice?! What sort of teacher are you?! If this is how-"


"Baekhyun. That's enough." I sigh heavily. If I'm already expelled there's really no reason for me to stop him from lashing out at Daesung but I would much rather leave peacefully and without the facility also hating my very existence.


"Although it's refreshing to see how passionate you are when it comes to your Summoner, she's not expelled."


"Huh?" My Warriors chorus.


"Avery is not expelled," Daesung repeats himself, a smirk growing as he stuns everyone into silence.


The current holder of the orange paper, who happens to be Kai, stands and waves it in the air. "Then what's this all about then, huh?"
Daesung leans further against the wall, closing his eyes as he lets out a chuckle. "If you'd read it properly you'd notice it says the Avery is dismissed from all school-based requirements for the next three days and is to leave to grounds before noon today. Dismissed, not expelled."


While I don't appreciate the stab at my Warriors intelligence, along with my own, I snatch the paper from Kai and read it again. By the time I've finished reading it for the fourth time, I agree with Daesung that I really should read things more carefully before jumping to conclusions, and my Warriors should most definitely do the same.


After confirming that I am indeed not expelled, Xiumin turns to the teacher, actually looking at him instead of glaring as he does Seungri. "Why is she being sent home then? And what happens to us?"


Accepting the offer of coffee from DO, Daesung sits in one of the unoccupied seats at the table, finally letting us talk to him without having to constantly lookup. "It was decided that with the recent trauma it would be best if you spend a few days in an environment you feel safe and comfortable in, so you can recollect yourself and hopefully dispell that urge to have constant control, therefore curbing your recent behavior."


It's no surprise that between the three they managed to come up with an logical solution. They're the three people I see most often other than my Warriors whom I live with and due to their status' as experienced Summoners, I do not doubt that they know more about the students in their classes than we, the students, believe they know.


"As for what happened to you all, I'm not your Summoner. I don't get to decide what happen to you while your Summoner leaves. If she wants to take you with her she can, if she doesn't then she doesn't." I look around the table at the hopeful faces, some splattered with a mix of jam and chocolate spread or a dribble or two of milk. Eight of them know what home is to me or rather who is at home.


I'd be surprised if they wanted to come with me for any reason other than Gran and her cooking.


I haven't seen Gran since we went and visited for Christmas and although she sends small batches of baked goodies with her letters, there is nothing I'd want more than to be able to sit in front of the fireplace in her living room and just talking over a cup of hot chocolate with her handmade quilts wrapped around me and a small tray of goodies by my side.


Baekhyun and Luhan have never met her face to face and while I know Baekhyun has been sending her letters ever since Chanyeol and I mentioned him in our ones and she sent him his one back, I have no idea if Luhan has done the same.


It's highly unlikely.


"Go pack some stuff, it looks like we're all going on a small holiday." I relent to the combined puppy-dog eyes of Kai, Chanyeol and surprisingly DO.


With a loud cacophony of yells and whoops of joy, they run-up to their rooms and begin packing, screaming at each other the entire way. All but Luhan, who stays back with me and begins to transfer all our plates, bowls and cutlery from the table to the dishwasher.


I frown as I notice this, my suspicions confirmed with his less than enthusiastic reaction to the news. Daesung seems to notice my change in expression and follows Luhan with his eyes as the Warrior makes his next trip, taking the cereal boxes and milk bottle with him.


Daesung gains a certain gleam in his eye that I don't particularly like and I pour myself another glass of juice for the sole purpose of having an excuse to hang around for longer and make sure he doesn't try anything. There is little doubt in my mind that Seunghyun has told both my Teacher and Instructor what went down between Luhan and I to make me act as I now do and with the look on Daesung's face, I don't believe it's a good idea to leave the two of them in the same room alone together.


Especially with the mysterious and sometimes short-tempered nature, Daesung has displayed over the past months.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter