010

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I wake the next morning, the most heavenly smell reaches my nose. While still being quite early, I'd slept longer than previous nights and Xiumin's obviously up and already cooking before I even get out of bed, the occasional clang from the kitchen downstairs telling me as much. I still have two hours before I'm expected in class and my new routine will start again. Two hours I fully intend to take advantage of.


Sighing heavily, I get out of my safe haven of fluffy blankets and pillows in covers hand made by Grandma, making my way to the bathroom to shower. Steam fills the room, scented by my peach and mango products, soaking into my hair and skin.
 

Moving to the closet I come to the realization that most of the things I'd brought with me are not suitable for fighting and even if they were they'd get ruined eventually no doubt. I'll definitely need to go shopping sometime soon.
 

Going downstairs, I find Xiumin cooking at the stove talking with Chen who is comfortably seated at the counter we usually eat breakfast at.
 

If I'm going to be getting more Warriors from that mysterious book, we're going to need to start using the dining room soon considering the counter only had five stools.
 

"Morning Avery," Xiumin calls as he sees me enter the kitchen.
 

"Morning Xiumin. Morning Chen." I greet both my Warrior's as I sit myself down on my usual stool next to Chen.
 

"Morning." Chen smiles back as he replies.
 

Breakfast is a pretty quiet affair with only some small talk here and there as the three of us inhale the french toast Xiumin had found the recipe for in one of the many cookbooks of the house. The whipped cream and fresh berries he tops mine with add to the heavenly taste as they all but melt in my mouth.

 

Chen collects the plates and it's obvious Xiumin had taken my advice and informed him of how I work and how different I am or am at least trying to be, he seems a lot more comfortable than Xiumin did the morning after I bonded to him but I have a feeling my first Warrior plays a large part in his relaxation.
 

"We still have an hour before class and I want to train with the both of you, figure out what you can do Chen and how we can combine your powers to create combo attacks."
 

Chen nods in acceptance while Xiumin shrugs. "Sure, I'm guessing we're going out back again?"
 

"Well, I want to keep the house in one piece for at least a year or two." Both Warriors turn to each other and share smirks, obviously, they don't think that will happen, the two of them can't be that bad though, right?.
 

We move outside, sitting in a triangle on the grass as I turn to Chen. "What rank are you?"
 

"I am a Desaliar, same as Xiumin."
 

"So, what are your abilities?" Despite memorizing his page in the book, I still ask, testing the waters of his trust. The amount of information he divulges will give a strong indication of how much he currently trusts me and I'm not actually expecting much to be said.
 

Chen blinks before sticking his hand out towards me as if to shake my hand. Cautiously, I move to take it until Xiumin shoots his hand out to grab it and stop me.
 

"I wouldn't do that Avery, he's a Fire Warrior with control over Fire and Bodily Electricity manipulation." Chen huffs and pouts as his fun is ruined, while Xiumin smirks at his expression. "He's also a troll and behaves like a child."
 

"Hey!" Chen shouts, aghast.
 

I turn back to face him, "You were going to shock me?" Chen seems to cower at my shout, scared by my reaction, reminding me of last night as he bows his head and nods like a scolded child.
 

"Can you show me? You know, without actually shocking me?" I exclaim excitedly as plans piece together in my mind, several of which would have to wait till a later date to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter