037

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Like a proud predator, he stands observing his prey, watching as they suffer the consequences of trying to take him on. The venom concealed behind his attacks obvious now that it's too late to stop him.


Tao hugs his chest, small whimpers of pain escaping his parted lips as his face displays his agony. Chanyeol, on the other hand, lies spread out on the ground, much like a starfish, as he snores from deep in his throat, oblivious to the world but still grabbing his crotch.

 

Above their mud-stained, sweaty forms, Lay stands tall and proud, hands on his hips with a small smirk gracing his otherwise innocent face.
 

My mouth gapes open, I know first hand how dangerous, how skilled Tao is when it comes to fighting, especially when he combines his ability with his dedicated training and while Chanyeol doesn't have extensive training the Spirit Warrior does, he is in no way weak, his long limbs and lean muscle hard to keep track of and escape from.


Yet here he is, the Warrior with the lowest combat score according to the book, standing victorious of the both of them. The seemingly innocent and frail Warrior who I had mistaken as one of the weakest and least skilled stands over two of the most dangerous Warriors bonded to me.
 

Lay stands, tall and proud over the vulnerable forms of the two Warriors, yet he doesn't seem surprised at all by his victory, leading me to believe there was something different about him.
 

He can't just be a healer, can he?
 

"What the hell just happened?" I ask, not directing my question at anyone in particular as I sit, still stunned on the grass.
 

"We won! We won!" Kai and Chen screech, leaping from the ground and clinging to each other like children as they bounce up and down with joy.
 

"Really Tao? Did you seriously think that was going to work?" Kris asks from where he kneels next to the younger Warriors head, shaking his own in disappointment.
 

Lay chuckles as he joins Kris on the ground, placing his two gloved hands on the injured Warriors chest, healing whatever damages he had caused in the split second that he attacked.
 

"Jesus Christ, remind me to never get on your bad side," I exclaim as I finally stand and make my way past the still screaming Chen and Kai, approaching the now sitting Tao as he pouts.
 

"No hard feelings." Lay smiles as he helps him off the ground, even brushing the small flakes of dirt off his clothes for good measure. "But you really should have seen that coming."
 

"Y'know, that's not what an apology sounds like," Tao grumbles miserably as he joins the still huffing DO, taking Xiumin's place as the eldest Warrior joins the three of us in our make-shift circle.
 

"So Lay, how come your combat score is so low if you can take down two very capable fighters in less than three seconds?" I ask, wanting answers about the paradox that is my healer.
 

Looking between Kris and Xiumin, Lay sighs, shoulder sagging as he sits down on the grass, motioning for me to do the same as the other try and push their way into our small circle.
 

"We don't know how long ago the book was written, nor do we know where the person who wrote it got all that information about us, or what they base our statistics off but we do know that it is old and never updated. Between the time it was written and now I have improved drastically when it comes to combat, so while most of the numbers will be correct for everyone else, don't think of them as perfect." He explains, giving me a more information about the book than he was supposed to, if the glare from Kris implies anything.
 

"So basically, the numbers are more of an average guess and not completely trustable?" I sum up, wanting a little more elaboration and hopefully more answers. "Yes, basically." He replies, not saying anything more as we sit in extended silence, waiting for someone else to speak up.

 

Luckily, the silence doesn't reach the point of uncomfortable awkwardness as Chanyeol, who I'm pretty sure we all forgot was still there, let out a tremendous snore that sends shockwaves of laughter throughout our small group.

 

"So, what do we do with him?" I question between giggles, motioning to the sprawled ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter