055

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Much like the Fourth Year section of the Campus, the Second Year section is the exact same layout as the First Year section, however, while everything looked bigger than those back in the First section, nothing is anywhere near as big as what is in the Fourth Section.


Thankfully, due to the familiar layout, it's simple to find our way to the Feild from the Gym, the corridors giving a strong sense of deja vu, even the nooks and crannies in the walls are the same.


Minus the couples practically ing in them.


Due to the rules surrounding the Tournament, my Warriors had all retreated back into their cards just before we exited the main building, none of us want to get disqualified before we were even allowed to battle.


As I walk down the steps and make my way between the stands set up for spectators, an instructor halts me in my tracks and after a few questions, wraps an orange band around my wrist to signal that I am a competitor and not a spectator, therefore am able to enter the field without being confined to the stands.


With the new stiff plastic band threatening to fall off my slim wrist at any second, I follow the instructor's directions to Ring Two, the middle ring in the row of three directly in front of the stands.


A premium ring saved only for the fights people are sure not to get bored with watching and only the most skilled fighters able to compete within its rectangle boundaries.


As I approach the ring-side, two males stand at either end of the football field-sized area, commanding their Warriors like seasoned army generals and fighting as if their lives depend on winning.


With Water Warriors on one side and Fire Warriors on the other, it should've been clear who was winning the second I begin watching, but as I continue to watch, I am intrigued by the Fire Summoners tactics as he uses a rather simplistic yet effective strategy to command his Warriors and push back the opposing Water Warriors, cornering and blocking them until the Water Summoner has no choice but to throw up the white flag and surrender.


Cheers and claps sound from the stands, along with a few hollers as the Fire Warrior bows to the stands, ignoring his Warriors as they vanish and receives his badge before exiting the ring rather flamboyantly.


Two Instructors, I don't recognize wander the ring, looking for any debris that may be a hindrance to the upcoming match and pick up the larger chunks of the white powder bomb used to signal surrender.


"Ring Two calls for Wang Siyu and Lee Avery. Ring Two calls for Wang Siyu and Lee Avery. Please come to Ring Two."


The announcement sounds and I stand, mentally calling for my Warriors, all of them appearing just as we cross the boundaries into the ring. As a group, we approach the instructors near the center of the ring and I only send a fleeting glance towards the girl who jogs in the same direction.


One of the instructors is young and is someone I could have easily mistaken as a student had I not watched the only Student Official match and learned not to base peoples age off their appearance, although, he might have been one in previous years. His died blue hair is unique solely to him and the lighter tips look almost silver in the sunlight.


Like the other officials, he wears a white button-up shirt, black pants, and dress shoes. A gold sash is tied around his left bicep and a red cross is emblazoned on it marking him as the official First-Aider of the ring.


The man next to him is much older, potentially in his mid-forties but could easily be older with his bald head and rather squishy form. His shirt is stretched over his bulging stomach and his sash looks to be cutting off circulation in his arm, as does the blue band around his wrist.


"Miss Wang?" I hear the younger man ask as the girl reaches the pair first. She nods and stands confidently with her hands behind her back in a stance similar to that of military officials. Maybe she's an army brat?


"Miss Lee?" He asks as I approach. I smile and nod, confirming my identity as he smiles back and walks off to the small pavilion all the rings are centered around. Presumably, it's the central hub much like the stage was inside the gym.


"Now, Miss Lee, you know the rules. No Warriors are to be summoned outside of the permitted areas. I apologize but because you Summoned them outside of any of these areas, you are disqualified from this match." The Bald instructor says, pity dripping like honey from his words but the corner of his lips twitching upwards, threatening to form a grin.


"I'm sorry sir, but may I ask when I did this?" I ask, perplexed.


"Why just now you stupid girl, and don't try to deny it, your Warriors are standing behind you, we're not blind." He snaps, pointing a swollen finger towards my Warriors who are indeed standing behind me, most of them with grimaces or frowns decorating their faces.


"But Sir, the rules state that the battle arenas and training areas are the only places that Warriors are able to be summoned outside of the residential areas today. Now I'm pretty sure we're standing inside a battle arena and I summoned my Warriors once I entered the ring." I argue, watching as the instructor and Siyu lose their grins and begin to sneer as I refuse to accept their bull.


I continue, unable to keep my mouth shut with the amount of complete and utter bull he is sprouting. "So, either I'm not in the wrong and you're just being an who wants your student to win, or I'm really ing lost."


"You listen here girl," He points a finger towards me, glaring as he takes a threatening step forward.


"I am a senior Instructor and now the rules like the back of my hand. I will not take cheek from anyone, not even Seungri's most prized student, so banish your Warriors and get out of my ring." He snarls, face growing redder with each word that spews from between his lips.


"Now that's a lie if I've ever heard one, Marcelis. You don't know the rules like the back of your hand because you can't see the back of your hand." A voice pipes up from the side, their tone light as if they were making a passing comment on the weather.


"Jay," The fat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter