005

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


A loud thud from downstairs wakes me from my dreamless nap. I quietly make my way downstairs, going as far as to tiptoe. The closer I grow to the living room the clearer the sound of chains rattling becomes, as well as what sounds like sparklers going off.


Slowly I come through the doorway, the sound of the thud now revealed to be one of my book-ends on the floor. The chains and sparklers, however, are still a mystery, but as I creep closer to the bookcase the noises become louder and a single brown leather book moves, shifting from side to side and even seems to be jumping in the confined space of the shelf.
 

Curiosity wins over my fear as I slowly reach a hand out to the book, its movements stilling as my fingers run along its spine. Gently pulling it from the shelf my arms almost collapse from its weight.
 

The noises grow louder as I turn the book face up and scan the cover. It's encrusted with precious gems in a circle around gold writing and infinity symbol underneath it, surrounded by a gold border.
 

My fingers lightly trace the circle, the sound of chains rattling fading as if my touch calmed whatever it is. Lowering my hand to trace the infinity symbol I read the words in the circle curious as to why it was there. "Brothers." Still tracing the infinity symbol my mind reels, endless possibilities and questions swirling through my head.
 

I panic and drop to the ground as the book opens and lets out a spray of light blue and white sparks. Waiting for the sparks to disperse I lean over and pick up the now open book, intent on reading it before a blue glow catches my attention from the ground.
 

The light is emitted from the card. With a slightly shaking hand, I pick it up, its glow stopping once I take it in my hand.
 

Lifting it closer to my eye level I study the card. It's slightly bigger than a normal playing card but fits nicely in my palm. The back is a bunch of light blue and white lines scattered randomly with a swirling pattern in each corner and the letters 'EXO' between the bottom two swirls.
 

The face of the card had the same letters, front and center on a light blue fade to white background, the swirls are replaced by a bunch of circles, like drops of water. The card vibrates lightly in my grasp. Could this be one of the Warrior cards that Weijin told me about?
 

Recalling our mostly one-sided conversation, I remember how he said cards were claimed. Contemplating trying to claim the card I feel crazy. If this wasn't a Warrior then I'd feel like an idiot, but if it is then I'd have to accept that everything is real.
 

Another series of small vibrations came from the card in my hand, chasing away my doubts.
 

Well, what do I really have to lose? Shrugging I left to the small cupboard just outside the living room and retrieve a needle from my sewing kit. Taking a deep breath I prick the index finger of my right hand and let a single drop of blood drip on to the card, landing right in the center of the X before watching bug-eyed as it's absorbed, leaving no trace of it ever being there.
 

A small tingle comes from my finger as the tiny hole I'd made magically heals itself before disappearing. A single tear slips from eyes as I realize nothing is happening. No light means no Warrior. No Warrior means nothing is real.
 

I hadn't realized it before, too caught up in confusion, but I want everything to be real. I want this to be a Warrior card. I'm tired of normal life. Tired of the same routine every day. I'm bored of the same town, the same people and the same life. I'm bored of being alone, with only Gran to talk to. Even as a child I didn't cry often, bottling up my emotions and wearing a mask so I'd be left alone, but everyone has a breaking point and I've managed reach mine when my hope was shattered.

 

I want someone I could rely on, someone who I can spend hours talking about anything and everything with. I want a true friend, someone who wouldn't stab me on the back the moment someone offers them something better than what I can give, even if I give my everything.
 

A Warrior could be that. They can't betray their Masters, whether out of fear or loyalty, they'd stay by my side. They would have to be pried out of my cold dead hands before they ever left because I definitely wasn't going to brake the laws of this foreign society.
 

And in return for their friendship and loyalty, I'll help them get stronger by becoming stronger myself.
 

"Don't cry, Master." A masculine voice speaks up from beside my hunched over form. A hint of sadness in his voice.
 

My head shoots up, only to be met with the sight of a males chest in front of me. Blinking rapidly I gaze up to see a male with a baby face in front of me. His dark toffee colored hair is spiked up slightly at the front, his cheeks chubby and brown eyes deep.
 

My jaw falls slack in shock; he's the most handsome boy I've ever seen. He wears a pair of dark ripped jeans, a blue and white jacket over the top of a blue shirt and white trainers.
 

"Who are you? How did you get here? Are you a Warrior?" I ask, never removing my eyes from his face.
 

"Yes Master, I am a Warrior. You summoned me here by bonding with me and bleeding on my card." His voice is light, but his tone holds a hard edge to it as if he wants to be anywhere but here.
 

I hurriedly clear my tears away with my sleeve, "I know that, but what about the light?" Blinking he answers not breaking eye contact with me. "There was a light, however, you were covering your eyes so you wouldn't have seen it."
 

Feeling stupid I try to change the subject, "Oh. What's your name Warrior?" He stares curiously at me, not seeming to understand what I am asking of him. "My name is whatever you tell me it is, Master."
 

The sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter