You can call me monster

Diary Entry - Eundeok Married Life (Baekhera)

Soondeok’s diary

Hooray! It’s over! Come to think of it, the 2nd day was probably the worst – yet all that’s left in my memories were sweet moments. Eun reading to me, feeding me, singing to me – he stayed there with me all day and all night. Yes, he actually read to me! Stories, but still, I love listening to his sweet voice as he reads the stories out, he’s good at imitating characters as well. I especially love the voice he used like an old man is talking – husky deep voice, yet somehow he did it in such a funny manner that I can’t help but laugh and forget all the pain I’ve been going through. I envy our kids very much, they’d be able to listen to their father’s bedtime stories every day!

Eun knew, how hard it’ll be for me to have kids. I’ve been thinking about this as well. When the time comes, I’ll make Eun marry someone else – we must have someone bring forth a child for him. He’ll probably fuss about it and disagree, but I’ll just make him, for his sake. I’ve already received enough love from him, it’ll be too greedy for me to ask for a child as well – our child.

Today, I’ll be in the library, rearranging things – clearing out the decade-old dust while putting the books back in order and such. I should’ve done it a while ago, but I couldn’t bring myself to do this kind of housework, now I suppose is a good time to do it, since Eun now has been spending more and more time in the library himself. He really started reading books after that incident, father’s dagger incident, I suppose he didn’t want to lose to me again should I give him a pop quiz next time on what he’s read.

 

Eun’s diary

7 days more!!! 2nd anniversary is just around the corner! I’ll have to go to find Haesoo today, I need her advice. I want to propose to Soondeok before our 2nd anniversary, yet I don’t know how I should do it. Haesoo might know, she’s always great with ideas for celebrating special days and such. Soondeok’s in the library now, I’ll go and tell her that I’ll be visiting the palace and ask if she might need anything from the teahouse.

I’ll also pay a visit to the doctor, this I’m not going to let Soondeok know. I want to see if there’s any way for him to change her medicine, one that will come with less side effects. I really hate seeing her in pain like that – every groaning coming from stabs my heart. I’ll find a way, no matter what.

--------------------------------

(Eun walking to the library, he bumps into a maid who’s carrying a pile of books)

‘Oh, my bad, you alright?’

‘Yes, your highness, I’m fine.’

‘These books…where are you taking them? Need my help? They look awfully heavy.’

‘No thanks, your highness…oh and these books. Lady Soondeok said these are for you, your highness, and told me to put them on your desk.’

(Other maids rushing in and out of the library, calling to her)

‘Ya! Hurry up!!’

‘Coming!! I’m sorry, your highness, I need to go.’

‘Aish…all these books…go on, oh wait! So she’s in the library? My wife, I mean.’

‘Yes, your highness…’

(Eun rushes into the library and goes to Soondeok)

‘Deok ah!’

‘Oppa, what are you doing here? Get out! It’s real dusty in here! You’ll sneeze like hell! Get out!’

(Soondeok tries to push him out)

‘Just…I’ll be quick. Soondeok ah, I’ll be visiting the palace today, the teahouse. You need anything? Do we need more soap? Or tea?’

‘Nope, I don’t think we need anything from there…you have fun with Haesoo.’

‘Deok ah.’

‘Hm?’

‘I will meet with her, but that doesn’t mean that I-’

(Soondeok gives Eun a quick kiss on the lips)

‘I get it. Now go! Get out before you start sneezing. And please, try to be polite to the people in the palace, alright?’

‘Ha! Who do you think I am? A gangster? Worry not, I’ll be back as soon as I can.’

------------------------------

(Night time, both on bed, Soondeok dead tired from the day of work)

‘Want me to blow out the candles now?’

‘Oppa, just keep them on for a while…’

(Soondeok yawns as she stretches yourself out)

‘Aigoo…my little dove…you look tired tonight.’

‘I just need to sleep, that’s all.’

(Eun gets in bed and touches her face)

‘Soondeok ah, you well enough now?’

‘Hm? I’m well now, why?’

(Silence)

‘Ahhh…I see! Oppa, you’ve been missing it, haven’t you? My kisses?’

‘Oh, not at all! I was just very very concerned about your health…’

(Soondeok stares at Eun)

‘I…I mean…yes…I missed it…a lot…’

‘Hmmm…we have a trouble now, don’t we?’

‘What trouble?’

‘Because I don’t miss it.’

‘You…you don’t?’

(Soondeok climbs onto Eun and kisses him on the cheek)

‘I don’t miss it, Oppa. I really don’t.’

‘Liar.’

‘Oppa. Will you miss something when you’re doing it now?’

(Eun pinches Soondeok’s nose)

‘Soondeok ah. You just love to play with words, don’t you?’

‘Oppa, kiss me – I’ve been longing for it. Let’s pick up from where we left off last time.’

(Eun responds in his soldier voice)

‘Right away, ma’am, worry not!’

(Eun flips Soondeok over and leans down to kiss her. But then he sneezes.)

‘YA!!! Oppa! You sneezed right in my face!’

‘Sorry, Deok ah. My nose felt itchy…ACHOO!’

‘Bless you! Oppa, let’s cut the kissing tonight. I don’t think you’re in the condition for it. Are you coming down with a cold? I hope not!’

(Soondeok feels Eun’s forehead)

‘No…Soondeok ah…I’m not sick! I want to kiss you. Let me…ACHOO!!! Heck! Why…why am I sneezing like this?’

‘Ah! I know! It must be because of the book.’

‘Book, what book?’

‘I put it under my pillow because I wanted to ask you…Oppa, do you own a red book?’

‘Red book? What red book? ACHOO!!!! DAMN!’

‘This one.’

(Soondeok takes the red book out and shows it to Eun)

‘Ah! This red book! ACHOO!!!! Aish…Yes, it’s mine. Why?’

‘I thought so.’

‘How did you find it?’

‘I found it in the library today and I was wondering who it belonged to. I see your name on the front page so I thought it was yours.’

(Suddenly, Eun remembers what’s in the book)

‘Deok ah, did…did you read it?’

‘Of course not! I didn’t read it yet, in case it’s your diary or something. It’d be rude for me to read it, wouldn’t you say so Oppa?’

‘Good! Now give it to me.’

(Eun reaches out to grab the book but Soondeok holds it away)

‘Oppa, what’s in this book?’

‘None of your concern, now give it back to me!’

‘Can I read it? Why does it have red cover? It’s pretty…I didn’t know you’ll own a book. Who gave it to you?’

‘My father gave it to me. Now, please just give it back!’

‘His majesty? He gave it to you? It must be a valuable book then! Oppa, can I read it? Please?’

‘No!’

‘W…why not?’

‘B…because…’

‘Because?’

‘It’s…it’s a book for men…yes! A book for men! You’re not a man, so you can’t read it.’

‘That’s absurd! A book doesn’t judge its reader the way people judge one another! I’m reading it!’

‘Ya! Park Soondeok! I told you, it’s a book for men. Now give it to me before I get angry.’

‘Oppa, I believe I’m manlier than you – I’ve been working in the army, have you, huh?’

(Soondeok opens up the book but Eun tries to snatch it away – both of them fighting for the book on their bed)

‘Oppa! Let me read it!’

‘Never! It’s mine! What happened to “respecting my privacy”?’

‘It’s not even your diary, Oppa!’

‘It’s for men!’

‘Nonsense!’

‘Let it go, Deok ah!!’

‘You let it go, your highness!!’

‘I mean it! Give it to me!’

‘I mean it too, Oppa! Let me read it!!! What secrets do you have in here anyway?’

‘JUST LET GO!’

(Suddenly, they lose grip and the book flies to the floor – it lands open. Both of them gaze down at the book from their bed – it was a painting)

‘Oppa…so it’s a picture book?’

‘Uh…’

‘Oppa. Why’s the man and woman in the picture…?’

(Eun gets out of bed and picks up the book, trying to make a run for it. Soondeok catches him by the heel and makes him fall.)

‘Oppa! What’s this book about? Give it to me!’

‘Never! Soondeok ah! I told you! It’s a book for men!’

‘Stop giving me that excuse!!! This is unfair!’

‘Soondeok ah! Let go!’

‘Are you hiding something, Oppa? Are you secretly dating a girl I don’t know?’

‘Heck no! You think too much, Soondeok ah!’

‘Have you been sleeping around with other girls? Kissing other girls? Have you?’

‘The only girl I’ve ever kissed is you, Deok ah, I swear! Ya! Let go of my pants!!’

‘Then why this book? Why do you have things like this?’

‘Deok ah! Let go of my pants! It’s coming off! I mean it! Cut it out!!’

(Both of them fighting around on the floor, the book once again flew away and landed with another page open. Both paused for a while and looked at it)

‘Oppa…why’s the man in the painting…reaching into the lady’s clothes?’

‘I…’

‘Did you learn it all from this book? All your kissing and things.’

‘No! I’ve never read this book in my life!’

‘Ha! You expect me to believe that?’

‘I swear! I’ve never read it!’

‘It was yours, Oppa!’

‘Yes, father gave it to me, but I didn’t read it!’

‘And you think this makes sense?’

‘Of course it does! I hate my father, you know that! I hate reading as well! Why would I read the book he gave me?’

‘Then how’d you know that’s in it? The red book, how’d you know that it’s a book for men?’

‘Because it is! All books for men have red cover, you idiot! Ask anyone working at a bookshop and they’ll tell you the same thing.’

‘Did you really not read it?’

‘I swear by my name, Soondeok ah! I have never read this book!’

‘Good!’

‘W-what?’

‘Oppa, let’s read it together then.’

‘Soondeok ah!’

‘It’ll be awesome Oppa! Like watching a puppet show together! We can read it together! Isn’t that wonderful? Imagine the excitement! Remember that puppet show we watched last time?’

(Soondeok gets up from the floor to pick up the book, but Eun reaches for it first)

‘No!’

‘Oppa!’

‘I mean…not…not today…what say we read it…some other day?’

‘When?’

‘I…hmmm…on…’

(Soondeok sighs)

‘Fine…it’s your book anyway. I suppose I don’t have a right to read it…YOUR HIGHNESS!’

(Soondeok walks back to bed)

‘Deok ah…’

‘Your stuff is your stuff, my stuff is my stuff. I GET IT!’

‘Soondeok ah…are you mad again?’

‘Mad again? How can I not be mad? From now on, don’t touch me Oppa! My body is mine – as your book is yours. Good night!’

(Soondeok blows out the candle, leaving Eun alone in darkness)

‘Ya! Park Soondeok!’

‘After all I’ve shared with you…you won’t even let me to read your book…a picture book at that!’

‘Deok ah…’

‘I thought you’re a good husband when you took care of me…I guess I was wrong. You’re still that jerk I married 2 years ago!’

(Eun leaves the book on the table and gets back to bed. He tries to touch Soondeok’s shoulder but Soondeok barked back)

‘Don’t touch me!’

‘S-Soondeok ah…I’m sorry…let’s read it together tomorrow, hm? Please don’t be mad…’

‘You’re saying that…but you don’t mean it, Oppa.’

‘Darling…you’ve got to understand! I’m just trying to protect you! The stuff in that book is too much for you to handle.’

‘Like what?’

‘Like…’

‘Man and woman being around each other? That’s not too much to handle! We’re going to do that on our 2nd anniversary anyway.’

‘No, I mean…it’s more than that…UGH! GOSH!!! Why is it so hard to talk to you?’

(Silence)

‘Alright, Soondeok ah. I’ll tell you everything.’

‘Everything about what?’

‘About love…you know…make…hmm…that…’

‘So…are you teaching me now to make love now?’

‘I…hmmm…sort…sort of…no…no I’m not…wait…’

‘Is that what’s in the book?’

‘I…it’s…kind of…’

‘What is it? Spit it out Oppa!’

‘I can’t! It’s so embarrassing!’

‘Why’s it embarrassing?’

‘Hmmm…it’s like…lock and key! Yeah, lock and key!’

‘Lock and key?’

‘Like this, put the key in and then, open! Get it?’

(Soondeok looks confused)

‘I don’t get it, Oppa.’

‘Never mind…Let’s just sleep…’

‘Tell me!’

‘No…good…good night.’

(Eun turns around. Soondeok smirks in the dark.)

‘You’re going to regret not telling me, Oppa.’

(Silence. Soondeok takes off her top then turned Eun over, pulling him over her)

‘Gosh! Soondeok ah! What are you doing?’

‘I told you, I’ll make you regret it.’

‘Deok ah…’

(Soondeok holds Eun’s hand and place it on her chest)

‘Soondeok ah.’

‘Oppa, remember? You lost your hand to me in your bet. This hand is mine, remember?’

(Eun gulps.)

‘What…what do you have in your mind, Deok ah?’

‘Touch me, the way that man touched the woman in the painting.’

‘Soondeok ah…’

(Soondeok reaches into Eun’s pajamas and her hands start to get naughty)

‘Stop it, Deok ah.’

‘When you say that, you want me to carry on, don’t you, Oppa?’

‘Heck. Why do you have to know me so well?’

‘I’m your wife, aren’t I?’

‘Aish…wife, you’re starting this. Don’t blame me later.’

‘Make me blame you, Oppa.’

(With this, Eun unleashes himself – he’s been holding in for almost a week. He goes straight for her s, kissing them like there’s no tomorrow. Soondeok lets out a moan – she was shocked and embarrassed herself so she tries to hold it in by biting on her lips. Eun’s not happy with this.)

‘Oh? You dare hold it in? Naughty girl.’

‘Hold…hold what in? Mmm…’

(Eun keeps kissing her side)

‘My dear wife, don’t hold it in, I want to hear it.’

‘Hear…hear what?’

‘This.’

(Eun suddenly on her , sending a shiver down Soondeok’s back – she moans loud, making Eun smile)

‘Good girl.’

‘Oppa…not there. Stop…don’t…don’t…please don’t…stop.’

‘Don’t stop? Alright, my dear wife.’

(Eun attends to the need of her other while his hand busy with another one. His hands skilful satisfies Soondeok.)

‘You’re a monster, Oppa.’

‘You can call me monster, Deok ah. I’ll destroy you – bit by bit. It’s my job.’

‘Just wait till my turn…’

‘No, tonight, you don’t have your turn, I won’t let you. Tonight, you’re all mine.’

‘Then stop talking, Oppa. I want your lips get busy.’

(Eun listens to his wife and gets busy. He slowly unties her skirt and throws it away. Gracefully, he kisses Soondeok’s belly, making Soondeok cry in satisfaction.)

‘Oppa~’

‘I love you, Deok ah. I love you. You should stop losing weight, I miss your small belly.’

‘I’ll look fat.’

‘You’ll look perfect, you’ll feel perfect, Deok ah.’

(Eun removes her pants then gently runs his hand over Soondeok’s thighs, kissing them like kissing a baby.)

‘Oppa~’

‘Soondeok ah, I love you.’

(Then he stops.)

‘Oppa, what’s wrong?’

(Eun softly kisses Soondeok on her lips then says)

‘That’s all for tonight. You’re tired, you need to sleep.’

‘You’re doing that again…making me want more…’

‘So far, I’ve been doing a good job, haven’t I?’

‘Monster.’

‘You’ll thank me someday.’

(Silence. Just as Eun’s about to fall asleep,)

‘Oppa, I’m sorry about what happened just then, for getting mad at you and all. It was a bit too much of me…saying you’re the jerk I married 2 years ago…I’m sorry.’

‘Ayy, it’s my fault, Deok ah. I should’ve just let you read it. Maybe it’s the fastest way for you to learn.’

‘Learn what?’

‘Nothing. Good night.’

‘You’ll forgive me, right?’

‘I already did, Deok ah. If not, would I have done that to you just then?’

‘Oppa, how much do you love me?’

‘Double that of your love for me, Soondeok ah.’

‘Oooh, smart. I was going to say something greater if you gave me any other answer…’

(Soondeok kisses Eun on the cheek)

‘Night, my dear husband’