Chapter 48

One in a Million
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Alexis' POV*

 

Getting out of the taxi I looked at the cafe where Irene wished me to meet with. Hugging my coat closer to my body I make my way to the entrance of the cafe where only few peoples are there. Scanning my eyes around I spotted Irene sitting at the corner of the cafe, alone.

 

"Sorry for making you wait." I said bowing at her, turning at me, her lips curled into a smile.  

 

"No I just got here like 10 minutes before you." Taking the empty seat across her I took off my coat as the cafe was warm enough for me leaving me with my long sleeved shirt. Rubbing my hands on my knees the waitress approached us to get our order. I kinda felt worried as Irene took off her glasses. 

 

"I'll get the usual and hot chocolate and chocolate cake for her." She said. She doesn't asked me what I liked as I told her before that I always orders chocolate everytime I am in a cafe. 

 

"Alex thank you for agreeing to meet up with me." She said smiling. Lifting up my shirt up to my elbow I shook my head. 

 

"No need to thank me Irene, plus it's my free day so it's not a problem to meet with you." Her forehead form a frown with her leaning closer. 

 

"Does Mina knows you are meeting with me?" She asked me. Of course I told Mina. 

 

"Of course she knows, I called her earlier." Seeing the frown deepens I scratch the back of my head. "She's in Japan right now, visiting her parents and meeting up with their family friend who is from Texas." We fell into silence when the waitress laid our order. 

 

Blowing on my drink it made my glasses to fog up making Irene chuckle. 

 

"Maybe I should take this off first." I stated ready to take it off when Irene held my arm. 

 

"No wait. Let me take a picture first." Shrugging I made some silly face with my eyes not really seen on the photo. As I removed my glasses I was welcomed by Irene's serious expression. Her eyes locked with mine. 

 

"Does she not feel uncomfortable that you are with me?" Does she knows that Mina feel jealous when I am with he? "If you are asking if I know that she's jealous because of me then yes Alex I know." She rolled her eyes at me. 

 

"How did you know?" I asked settling my cup of chocolate down the table. 

 

"I'm a girl Alex and I can just feel it. The way she looks at me I know and I feel it." I just nod my head my eyes locked on my cake. 

 

"She does feel uncomfortable but I told her that we are just friends." I said, I know this might hurt her but this is the truth and from the start she knows how much I love Mina. 

 

"Wait!" Irene suddenly grabbed my arm catching me off guard. "No way?" Her eyes landed on my tattoo on my wrist. "You really did it." After asking Mina's permission of me getting a new tattoo it's Irene who first knew about my plan on getting an ink woth Mina's name. 

 

"I didn't know you are serious about that." Lifting the side of my lips I flicked her forehead. 

 

"I am serious that time you know and I told you this like ten times over the phone." Leaning back I watched as she pouted rubbing her sore spot. "Serves tou right for not taking me seriously. 

 

"But I'm serious about you though." Looking back at her, there is something on her eyes, as if she's sad or hurt or something. "Alex can I ask you a favor?" I nod my head. 

 

 

We are here in the park just like what she wanted. I can feel Irene's smaller hands entwined with mine, her smile never leaving her face. She asked me a favour for being her girlfriend for the whole day. 

 

"Just this day Alex please, let me feel what Mina feels. Let me be in Mina's shoes just this time." I remember the look in her eyes. "Please just this ones." I ended up agreeing with her beaming her huge smile. Just this time, just acting nothing else. 

 

Is this right? Agr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter