Chapter 44

One in a Million
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Mina's POV*

 

We are on our way to the restaurant we reserved for celebrating New Year with I.O.I, Gfriend and Red Velvet. Since we are always spending the days practicing we decided to celebrate New Tear together. 

 

"Is everyone ready?" Alex asked as she sling her messenger bag with her hair still messy and dripping with water. Grabbing a towel I walked towards her smiling. 

 

"Everyone is ready, now let me just help you with this." Giving me a smile she lowered herself letting me to dry her hair. 

 

"Why do you look extremely beautiful tonight?" She asked staring at me. Even we are dating for a couple of months now she still manage to give me butterflies on my belly and makes my cheeks burn. 

 

"Extremely beautiful? But I didn't put any make up on." I answered backing away a little because our distance makes it hard to breathe. 

 

"Exactly! I much prefer you without makeup Love." Pecking my nose I know I am blushing madly because some of my members are in the living room with us. 

 

"Hey Tzuyu and Chaeyoung are here." I whispered pinching her stomach. 

 

"Okay I'll stop but I am serious. You look lovely." Wrapping her right arm on my shoulder she pulled me closer to land a kiss on my head. "Come on kids we better hurry up!" She yelled catching everyones attention. 

 

"Yes mom!" Jungyeon but Alex just chuckled.

 

 

 

Good thing we are not stuck with Red Velvet as I don't want to have a conversation with Irene. She seems that she doesn't like me, well I think it's the same as I basically doesn't like her too.  Feeling a nudge on my side I looked beside me to see Eunha looking at Irene who is talking with Chungha. 

 

"What did Alexis unnie do with the watch?" She asked me. After Irene left she excused herself to talk with her. 

 

"She just kept it. Irene sunbaenim said that it's a gift." Even the design of the watch she gave Alex has an elegant design she still chose my present over hers. 

 

"I honestly doesn't like it when she's near Alex. I mean don't get me wrong or anything but I feel jealous when she's talking with her. I feel like there is something behind those gaze." Eunha nods her head pouting. 

 

"I got it why you are feeling jealous. Look at unnie, she's caring and everyone around her likes her. Not the like, like a romantic way but as a person. And it's amazing that you are going strong even with your fake relationship with Mark Sunbaenim." 

 

"Well Alex endure everything." I mumbled. "And I neglected her, I became so relax thinking that she understand everything forgetting that it can hurt her so much even she knew that it's fake." Eunha sighs and listens to me. 

 

"I am glad that she didn't let go of our relationship. Her dad just passed away less than a week where she found out about the plan of the company with me having a dating scandal with Mark oppa." Looking at Alex I saw her talking with other groups managers and also ours. 

 

"She got mad because I hide it to her but I just don't know how to tell her. I am so worried about the news of her dad that I chose to hide the plan with dating." Remembering all that happened woth the short span of time I felt that we've been with so much things. 

 

"I am glad that she didn't let go." She gave me a side hug which I appreciate. 

 

"Just hold on with each other." All I do is smile watching as Alex laughs with the managers. "Look even the managers likes her. I think Alexis unnie is a social butterfly."

 

The party proceeds with a couple of hours left before New Year. Tonight it's our managers time to take the stage and we are the audience which is kinda funny to see them enjoying their stage time. 

 

"What is she going to do?" Yerin asked Jungyeon pointing at Alex who is holding her guitar. 

 

"Ah Alexis unnie? She's going to sing." 

 

"I am nervous." Alex mouted to me as she's the last one as the managers said it's because she's the youngest. 

 

"You will do great." I said giving her a thumbs up. Nayeon and Joy walked up the stage as they are the MC for the night. 

 

"Okay we only have one manager left." Joy said with MC tone. "She's the youngest of all the managers and amazingly she's only a year older than you Nayeon-ssi." Nayeon gave a big nod with her famous toothless smile. 

 

"Yes you are right Joy-ssi." Glancing to Alex she clutched her chest with her eyes closed heaving a long sigh. "Please welcome our manager, Alexis unnie." Everyone clapped as she walked to the stage. Slinging her guitar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter