Chapter 21

One in a Million
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Babe are you sure about this?" Alex asked me for the nth time this day. We are on our way to the restaurant to meet my mom before she go back to Japan. Since she got her license she's driving the car with worried expression written all over her face. 

 

The two of us will drive mom to the airport but we will have lunch first and tell my mother about our relationship. 

 

"I'm sure babe. Don't worry too much please." Giving her shoulder a squeeze she let out a sigh gripping on the wheel. I can see how nervous she is and I can't blame her. Even I, I am nervous and worried as hell on what will mom will say. Will she accept us? Will she gave us her blessing or she will ask me to break up with Alex. Just thinking about the possibilities it makes me sick. 

 

We arrived at the hotel where mom is staying with Alex and I on the lounge waiting for mom to go down. Her knees keeps on bounching up and down her fingers drumming against her knee. I noticed that she dressed nicely today. She wore her black button up shirt which look so good to her, pair of jeans and her top sider her hair is brushed neatly. 

 

It made me smile that she dressed nicely for my mom. Well it's not that she's like a fashion terrorist or something. Everything she wears suits her. Standing up I sat next to her making her surprise. 

 

"Oh!" She exclaimed her eyes wide and it makes me chuckle. 

 

"Relax will ya?" Holding her hand I felt how sweaty it is. Alex closed her eyes leaning her head back taking a couple of deep breaths to calm herself down. A couple of minutes passed and we saw mom waving at us. 

 

"Mom." I said hugging mom. 

 

"Hi Mrs. Myoui." As mom hugged Alex I chuckled at her reaction as she awkwardly returned the hug. Suppressing a chuckle I covered my lips. 

 

"Shall we go?" Mom asked and we both nod our heads. 

 

"Let me take care of those Mrs. Myoui." She grabbed my mom's things letting us to lead the way out. 

 

 

Biting her lips, her knees starts to bounce because of nervousness. Mom saw this and got worried. 

 

"Alexis, honey are you okay?" Her head snapped at my mom's direction her lips lost it's color. 

 

"I... Uh.. I'm okay. I'm okay." She said clearing .

 

"You sure?" She just nods her eyes focusing on the menu in her hands. From the moment we finished ordering till the food arrives she just remained silent and I think I should broke thennews now.

 

 

"Mom what do you think of the idea of me getting into a relationship?" My eyes never left my plate but I can feel Alex and mom's eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter