Chapter 43

One in a Million
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Mina's POV*

 

Everyone is busy preparing for the upcoming Christmas celebration inside the dorm. Even we are busy these past few days for the performances. Looking over my shoulder I saw Alex cutting the vegetables with the help of Jungyeon. 

 

We are still avoiding each other and it . It scares me that the crack on our relationship will suddenly makes our relationship shattered. We may be talking, holding each other hands, kissing or hugging but I know we avoid talking about the serious matters regarding my fake dating thingy with Mark. 

 

"Are you sure you want to help?" She asked Nayeon who nods her head looking at what they are doing. 

 

"Yes I am sure plus I don't have anything to do since the others doesn't let me do anything."

 

"It's because you are a little childish and easy to be distracted." Jungyeon said earning a slap on the shoulder from our eldest member. Alex just shook her head chuckling. 

 

"If you want to help, feel free to do so but please use the knife properly okay? You are worst than Sana when it comes to things like this." I sense Sana reacted on what Alex said and huff an air. 

 

"I was not that bad." She mumbled. After what happened between them at the waiting room Sana was avoiding Alex but Alex was acting as if nothing happens. 

 

Averting my attention back to what I am doing I can still hear them laughing. It's hard to pretend that everything is okay but I am amaze on how Alex will act as if nothing is wrong. I want to think that it's for the better but everything makes me uneasy. 

 

As much as I want to open the topic about everything that made her burts the other time I am also afraid to see her mad or see how she reacted how Sana told me. 

 

"Are you okay Mina? You are staring at the Christmas ball for awhile now." Jihyo said giving me a squeeze on my shoulder. 

 

"I'm just thinking." I said letting out a long sigh. Everything seems fine but I feel like it's wrong. So wrong, not because of Alex of course, it's mainly because of me and this stupid idea of the company. 

 

"Is it about you and Alexis unnie?" She asked still working on the tree we are decorating. Giving her a weak nod she closed her eyes shaking her head. 

 

"Mina if unnie is not opening the topic because she's avoiding it, then do the same thing. You should be the one initiating on talking about it. I know you are avoiding some misunderstanding again but if you don't do it, I don't know what will happen." Jihyo is right. Thisbtime I should be the one taking the first step if I don't want our relationship to up real hard. 

 

"Okay I will do it. But maybe after the holidays? I mean I don't want to spoil everything after all this is our first Christmas with her." I just want my first Christmas with Alex to be memorable so I will talk to her after the holidays. 

 

 

"Merry Christmas everyone!" Everyone greeted each other happily with gifts on their hands handling it to the person who they got when we have to pick the name of the person who we will give a present. Getting Nayeon's name I gave her a lipstick that made her smile so widely. 

 

"Oh my gosh! Thanks Mina!" Pulling me into a hug I watched Alex as Nayeon released me from her bone crushing hug. She handed Sana a gift before giving her a hug. 

 

"Sorry about what happened before." She said sincerely that made Sana teary. "I should've not burts on you like that." Caressing Sana's back I smiled as I can see that the weight on Sana's chest has been lifted. 

 

"I'm sorry too unnie." 

 

"It's fine and please stop crying we should be happy you know." Nodding her head like a child she opened Alex present to her. Her eyes widen to see a cute squirrel stuff toy that she received from her. 

 

"This is so cute." She squeal making Alex laugh ruffling her hair, looking at me she gave me a smile, a warm smile before walking towards me. 

 

"Merry Christmas." She whispered holding my hand. Feeling a warm feeling inside me I pulled her into my arms hugging her so tight. 

 

 "Merry Christmas too." I don't know why but tears starts to build on my eyes making my sight blurry. Burying my face on the crook of my neck I felt her pulled me closer to her body. 

 

"I love you." She mumbled kissing me on the head. I heard the other mumbled that they will just go to the dinning room I ignore them and just hug Alex tightly. 

 

"I love you too Alex, I love you so much." Pushing me a little so she can see me I was enchanted by her smile. The smile that I love the most. Cupping my cheeks she wiped the tears that fell from my eyes. 

 

"Please don't cry. This ks our first Christmas together." She said looking straight into my eyes. "I know things didn't go well these days and I know it's so hard for you and I am sorry for being so inconsiderate." Shaking my head I rest my hand on her waist. 

 

"I should be the one apologizing here Lex. I became so relax thinking that everything is fine to you. I forgot that it's hurting you so much. I am sorry." Leaning closer I closed my eyes as I felt her lips came in contact with my forehead. She let the kiss linger a little longer sending butterflies on my stomach. 

 

"We promised that we will be open about our feelings but I broke the promise by not telling you." Leaning her forehead with mine she softly spoke. Oh how I love her speaking voice. It might be a little deep it's still soft and candly like to my ears. 

 

"I will try my best to be more open Mina. I will not promise it this time but I will do it." She fished out something from her jacket's pocket smiling as she handed it to mine. It's a small velvet box. Looking at her she urge me to open it. 

 

Opening it I gasped. It has two rings with simple design. She picked up the smaller one holding my hand slipping the ring to my finger. 

 

"I saw this the other day when I accompanied Jungyeon to buy gifts." She said staring at my hand. "And the first thing I thought is you so I asked your members help to get your size and luckily Jihyo remembers yours." I don't know what to say. Some will just say that it's just a ring bit for me I felt that we reached another level on pur relationship. 

 

"So as soon as Jihyo told me your size I immediately went to the store and asked for a ring woth your size and also asked them to engraved our initials." Picking the other ring which is hers she shown me the initial. 

 

"Mi Amor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter