Chapter 10

One in a Million
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"When are we going to tell unnie about this?" Momo asked eating her snack. Since they have a their short vacation that their president, JYP himself gave them. They purposely asked Alexis to go to the mart with Tzuyu who is happy on her small task. 

"Maybe a day before the flight?" Dahyun said tilting her head to the side. The others scoff shaking their heads. 

"No we can't." Jihyo said biting her lips. "We can't just tell her like. Hey unnie we are going to your country tomorrow." Sighing they are thinking on how they will broke the news to the older girl. Her younger sister informed Mina that their grandmother's birthday is coming and it will be perfect timing. 

"Why don't we just tell her later? The sooner the better." Nayeon mindlessly said her eyes glued at the T.V her head leaning on Jungyeon's shoulder. Mina who has her eyes also on the T.V didn't noticed that her members are all looking at her. 

"Good point Nayeon unnie, and Mina here will tell Alexis unnie later." Chaeyoung said her hands on Mina's shoulder who has her eyes wide looking at Chaeyoung who is grinning at her and to her members. 

"Yeah Mina will tell unnie later." Sana said patting her fellow Japanese girl's head, who just sigh shaking her head. 

"Okay okay, I will tell her later." Pats after pats what Mina receives making her roll her eyes, but she's excited for Alexis' reaction. 


The girls requested the older girl to cook kimchi pancake for them. "Go now and tell her." Jihyo whispered at the latter who looks at the kitchen's direction. Getting up she took a deep breath walking towards the latter. 

"Hey." Mina said catching the older girl's attention. 

"Hey." Alexis said smiling at her. 

"So I was wondering." She paused making Alexis to look at her. "How do you celebrate your grandmother's birthday?" She closed her eyes biting her lips. "Stupid Mina what's with the question?" She thought.

"Well it's a tradition for all of her grandchildren to be there. Then my mom and his uncles will cook various types of food." She said and Mina just looked at the latter who has this wide smile. "But I am also helping with the cooking since I am the only one that can cook with my cousins." She chuckled she glanced at Mina who's leaning on the kitchen counter. 

"We also rent videoke machine and we will sing and dance till late at night." The Japanese girl can hear the excitement on her voice. "And after the celebration, the other day we will go to the river and countinue the celebration there." A frown formed on the older girl's face. "Too bad I can't go." She mumbled.

"What do you mean you can't go?" Mina asked.

"I can't go. You know you guys are busy and loaded with sche..."

"Alex what if I told you that we as in the whole group and you will go to your country for a short vacation?" Confused that's how you can describe the older girl. "Alex JYPnim gave us a short vacationa and we choose your country. What can you say?" Mina's smile drop when the latter turn her back to her, her palm covering her eyes. 

"My country?" Mina heard her ask. "Oh my gosh!" Next thing the Japanese girl knew is she's being carried by Alexis turning her around. "I am going home. I am going home." She said making Mina chuckle. The other girls run to the kitchen hearing the commotion and Alexis' voice. 

"Yes you are going home." Alexis put down Mina, hugging the latter her face tucked on the younger girl's neck. 

"I am going home." She mumbled. Mina felt tears falling from Alexis' eyes. Her hugh tightens burrying her face even more on the latter's neck. "Thank you. Thank you so much." Pulling a little she looked at Mina, her eyes are glassy because of the tears, her lips are pinkish. 

It's the first time Mina sees the latter cries out of joy and it makes her heart to beat and pound hard against her chest. She cupped the taller girl's cheeks looking straight into her eyes. "Yes Alex you are going home. You are going to your grandmother's birthday. You are going to spend some time with them." 


*Mina's POV*

The flight only took two and a half hours. Since we are going to her province which is 8 to 9 hours of drive tomorrow. We are going to stay at her friend's place because she can't risk us staying at hotel knowing that fans can track us. 

"Girls I really hope that you don't mind staying at my friend's place. Don't worry his house is huge and he is living alone at the moment." She said worriedly after placing our luggage at the cart. 

"It's fine unnie I know you are just thinking about our safety." Jihyo said patting Alex's shoulder. We walked towards the arrival's and she quickly spotted her friend who is holding a banner with: Welcome Home Stupid Ali. They welcomed each other with a hug before facing us. 

"Ladies as much as I want to greet you properly we can't do it here so we better go to the car now." He said smiling at us. They walked ahead of us. I just looked at her, she's smiling widely. Widely for my own good since it's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter