Chapter 15

One in a Million
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Mina's POV*

 

After preparing for the party for Alex's grandmother's birthday we went straight to the backyard where the party will be held. I watched as they are busily preparing everything.

 

"Hey!" Alex greeted us smiling. My smile disappeared when I saw her. She's sweating alot, her hair is a little messy and her shirt is soaked with her sweat. Not thinking much I grabbed her towel and proceed to wipe her face and her neck.

 

"Why are you frowning?" She asked lowering herself so she can meet my eyes.

 

"You are sweating alot. Your shirt is soaked with sweat." I sigh and there's a tint of pink on her cheeks, cute. "You will catch a cold." I said worriedly, smiling she held my hand and I noticed that her fingers are wrapped with plasters.

 

"What happened here?" I asked holding her hand. Oh my gosh! She has a lot of cuts, some is long and deep abd some are not bad.

 

"Relax. It's just a cuts, I got then earlier when I am chopping the ingredients, rushing my work that's why I got a little clumsy." She chuckles but I am still looking at her hands.

 

I caressed her palm where her callouses that she got from her training and her previous jobs. I remember talking with her mom and told me that she trained before in her university to be part of their university's drum line. She got the scholarship but then drop it as she needs to work.

 

"Is it too ugly?" She asked pulling me back into reality. I shook my head and continues to look at her hands. She's been in alot of things, she's selfless and she puts her family first.

 

"Are you done with your work?" I asked and she smiled at me nodding her head. I brushed her hair away from her face that is covering her eyes.

 

"Can you please go take a shower?" I said. "Since you are done." Flashing another smile she ruffled my hair before walking away entering the house.

 

 

People starts to arrived greeting Alex's grandmother. I smiled as how warmly they welcomed the people. Her mom went to our table smiling.

 

"Are you girls okay here?" She asked, smiling warmly. All of us nod and in formed usbthat the youngsters will not tabling with us which inly leave us nine here at the table with Alex who is still inside the house taking a warm bath.

 

I am tapping my fingers on the table listening to Justine who is singing on the videoke machine. It's cool because it's different on what we are used to see and use back in Korea or Japan.

 

"Having fun?" My head snapped at my right side and saw the freshly showered Alex sittibg beside me. She's wearing plain white shirt with her plaid longsleeves and a pair of pedal shorts and her vans shoes. Simple but it looks great on her.

 

"Are they all of your relatives, unnie?" Jungyeon asked.

 

"Not all of them. Few are just a family friend, but we also consider them as a family." She looks at me and smiled. "Why don't we go and get some foods? I'm hungry." Before I can say anything she stood up holding my hand. I didn't pulled away or anything and just let her pull me towards the table where the foods are resting.

 

She stopped resulting for me to bump in to her. "Something wrong?" I asked. She didn't looked at me. Worried I followed where she's looking and saw Jinky looking at us and to our linked hands. Her hold tightens before pulling me away. I am confused but relieved at the same time.

 

Confused because they ignored each other and relieved because Alex is right beside me. We came back to our table and she acts as if we didn't saw Jinky.

 

What happened between the two? It's been two days since I last saw them together and it's been two days since she acts differently to me. She acts more sweet and I am scared that after all of this sweet gestures she'll be different and avoid me.

 

"Are you and Jinky alright?" I asked as curiosity is eating me up. She sigh looking away from me.

 

"She confessed to me." She said, suddenly I felt nervous. "She said that she's in love with me." The knot on my stomach starts to tighten and it makes me hard to breathe.

 

"But I told her that I don't feel the same and I just see her as my best friend, my sister." The weight on my chest lifted and she smiled at me. She grabbed my hand. "Can we just not talk about that now? Let's enjoy the night." I nod and we heard one of her aunty asking if we can dance for them.

 

"You guys don't have to if you are not comfortable." Alex said looking at us. I looked over to my members who smiled agreeing on dancing for them. We stood up and Alex followed we gave her a look which she just returned with smile. That smile again.

 

She plug her phone and we goes to our respective position and the music plays. We dance to Cheer Up first and her relatives and their friends watched us. She moved to the side and watched us. They starts to clap along with the music. I saw Ella singing along.

 

 

*Alexis' POV*

 

 

Everyone here enjoys their performance, though they are not singing live but their energy is showing. My sister and my other cousin who is a fan of them enjoys it more. As I travelled my eyes I saw Jinky looking at me. I remember the night when she told me that she's in love with me.

 

I am surprised. So surprised but I told her that I only see her as my best friend, and she's like a sister to me. I know it hurts but I can't lie to her and told her that I am in love with someone else and it's Mina. Being an understanding as she is she said that it's fine and she's supporting me with my feelings for Mina.

 

She even told me to confess to her especially that she's pretty popular w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter