Chapter 3

One in a Million
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My head snapped at the TV that is located inside the store as I heard the MC of the music show introduce Twice who will be performing now. Mrs. Kim followed where I am looking. "They are all beautiful." I agreed at Mrs. Kim my eyes locked at the TV as they starts performing. 

I smiled as the camera focused to Mina as she sings her part. That smile, that's the smile that keeps on appearing on my mind from the night that she removed her mask, smiling and enjoying the night breeze. 

I can't help but to notice that they are different when they are on their dorm and when they are performing. I still can't believe that I actually met them and eat dinner with them. As they finished performing I let out a sigh tearing off my eyes away from the TV averting my eyes at the customer who enters the store. "Annyeonghaseyo." I greeted them giving them a small smile.

"Aigoo!" Mrs. Kim groaned as the box that she's holding broke. I smiled at her approaching her. "Let me do it umma." I said picking up the things that is scattered at the floor. Soon the bell rings on the door and I heard a couple of foot steps stopping at the counter. I didn't dare to look as I am busy picking up the things Mrs. Kim dropped. 

"Do you need help?" My eyes widen as I heard her voice. Is she here? I slowly looked at the person in front of me and it's her. She's here, Myoui Mina is here. "Mina-ssi." She just smiled at me helping me picking up the things. I shook my head stopping her. "No need to do that. I'm fine." Instead of stopping she smiled at me continuesly helping me.

As we both finished she followed me at the storage room. The room is a little crowded and I can feel her so close to me which makes me nervous. "What are you doing here by the way?" I asked her. "Actually we want to invite you to eat with us." I looked at her eyes and I was captivated by her eyes. Inside this small storage room with Myoui Mina looking straight into my eyes. I feel my chest like will burst any time soon. Forcefully I tear off my eyes away from her. 

"Uhm..." I don't know what to say. "Please? We will celebrate our 3rd win. Hope that you will join us." As we arrived at the counter I saw her members talking with Mrs. Kim. 

"Oh Alex they are here to invite you to dinner." Her members are smiling at me. "Unnie hope that you will agree." Tzuyu said using her puppy look. I sigh nodding my head. Good thing Mrs. Kim's son arrived early and here I am sitting with Twice on their van on the way to dinner.

We arrived at the place where they always go. A hand wrapped around my wrist dragging me inside. Mina was holding my wrist letting me sit beside her. I felt my cheeks heat up as she gave me an apron helping me to wear mine. I thanked her and offered to help her to wear her apron. After doing the task one helper asked for our order. 

My eyes widen as they ordered almost all of the food listed on the menu. "Can you finish all of that?" I asked Mina who nodded her head. "Wow you guys eat alot." I said in amusement. As we waited for the food they started to talk. "I actually thought that we will not cry again." Jihyo said looking at their trophy. 

"I almost forgot to congratulate you guys." I said. I stood up bowing at them. "Congratulations." I said smiling at them, Jihyo started to tear up again. "Thank you Alexis unnie." I smiled softly as Jungyeon and Nayeon envelope her for a hug. 


I smiled at them as I got out of their van. "Thank you for the dinner." I said bowing at them. "And congratulations again with your win." They all thanked me and my eyes landed at Mina. "Alexis." She called me. "Is it okay if we exchange numbers?" She asked and I nodded my head. 

Who am I to refuse. It's Twice's Mina who's asking for my number. We exchanged phones and I input my number on her phone and she did the same with mine. "Unnie we will all get your number okay?" I chuckled as Dahyun spoke gesturing an okay sign. I nod and offered to close the door for them.

 

I looked at my phone. Mina was calling me and I am not answering to her calls. I feel stressed and depressed as the factory that I am working with closed down. "I'm sorry Mina. Can't talk to you right now." I mumbled putting the phone back to my pocket.

Sighing I sat at the playground. I told Mrs. Kim that I will take a day off from her store and she agreed as she said that I need to rest. Placing the cigarette between my lips I light it on puffing a huge amount of smoke. It's been 2 weeks since the factory that I am working with closed d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter