Chapter 26

One in a Million
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We sat quietly at the living room waiting for Alex, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu who went to the market to buy something that everyone can eat. 

 

"I'm worried for unnie." Nayeon mumbled closing her eyes. I just talked with Ella and ask me to tell Alex about what happed to their father. We heard the door opened and we are sure that they are here. 

 

"We are hereeee~" Chaeyoung cheerfully announced popping her head smiling widely. Her smile dropped when she saw our gloomy faces. 

 

"We bought pancake mix, ham, kimbap, and we also bought jokbal." Alex said looking at the plastic back she's holding. Her smile dropped as she looked at us. 

 

"What happened unnies?" Tzuyu asked her face frowning. I stood up taking a deep breath. 

 

"Ella called me, she said that she can't contact you." She chuckles scratching the back of her head removing her snapback. 

 

"My phone died. Sorry so what did she said?" She placed the plastic bag on the kitchen counter. 

 

"She called because your father was sent to the hospital." She stopped on her tracks her body became stiff. "He's in critical condition." Her hands leaned on the counter sighing. 

 

"Okay! I'll make pancakes now you can guys watch t.v or something." She ignored what I've said and proceeds to prepare the things that she needed. This is not what I have imagined. Her back facing me and I approached her. 

 

"Not now Mina. I don't want to talk about it." Her voice is cold but still she needs to say something. 

 

"He's in critical condition." 

 

"I don't care!" My eyes widen as she said those words. It's her father but she doesn't care. 

 

"But Alex.."

 

"Mom sacrifices everything for him!" She raised her voice her eyes teary. "We do everything just to make sure that he is alright that he will drink his medicine on time. I stopped going to school because he needs his regular medication. I've done everything. Working for him, working for our family but what did he do?" Her tears fell and it breaks my heart my members approached us and shock to see her crying. She never told us about her father. 

 

"He left us and choose his mistress. He didn't have any second thoughts on leaving us. And now that he is in critical condition he will just suddenly pop up again in our lives? It's unfair Mina. It's unfair." She sobbed and I pulled her into a tight hug. 

 

"I don't have a father now Mina. From the moment that he left us. He is also gone in our lives." I can feel her shake under my embrace. I can clearly see how much she hates her father. I didn't know this as she always avoiding this topic. I did not push this anymore and just wrapped my arms around her waist while her head resting on my shoulder. 

 

We eat quietly with Alex poking her food. Giving her knee a squeeze she snapped her head towards me. 

 

"Please eat." I said and she gave me a small smile. She starts to cut her pancake into small peices eating it. My members just kept mum glancing every now and then to Alex who has her focus on her food. 

 

My members gave Alex a warm hug befo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter