Chapter 1

One in a Million
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Aigoo Alex you don't need to carry those. That is a man job." Mrs. Kim or what I called Umma said giving me a light slap on my arm as she saw me carrying the box entering her small grocery store. I just smiled at her placing the box at the far corner of the grocery before opening the stock room.

"Umma don't worry I can do things that man can do." I said carrying the box inside the storage room. Mrs. Kim sighs shaking her head. 

By the way my name is Alexis ________ and as you can see I am not Korean. I am actually ________ and I am here to work. I've been here for a year now and Mrs. Kim is acting as my parent here. 

As I finished carrying the box to the storage room I stand at the counter as Mrs. Kim is eating her lunch. She asked me to eat with her but I refuse as I said that someone needs to stand and guard the store while she eats. 

The bell at the door rings indicating that someone enters the store. I saw a three girls and they are all wearing face mask and a jacket. I greeted them and they returned it with a bow walking towards the fridge getting some beverage. I followed them with my eyes making sure that they won't steal anything. 

After a minute or so the tallest of the trio stand in front of me. I punched the things they brought giving the plastic bag at the latter. I just watched them as they exits the store. 


"Umma I'll be going now." I said as I finished helping Mrs. Kim arranging the stock on her grocery and helping her closing the store. "Be careful on your way home." I nodded my head as I waited for Mrs. Kim's son to pick her up. 

I sigh putting my right hand inside my pocket as my left hand is holding a plastic bag with Mrs. Kim's snacks that she gave me. As I walked back to my dorm I was knocked down with someone on top of mine. 

Groaning I opened my eyes and saw a girl that is wearing a mask that is covering her nose down to her chin. I think I saw her earlier. She looked at me for a second before averting her eyes behind her. 

"Please help me." She said softly and it seems that she's worried or more over scared. I looked where she looked and saw a bunch of people running towards our direction, some are holding a camera. "Please help me." She repeated. I locked eyes with her and indeed she's scared. 

She stood up followed by me and without second thoughts I grabbed her ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter