One Step At A Time

In The Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With the crowd's loud cheer, Lay and the crew managed to get pass the first round. "this is the best feeling in the world!" I shouted with excitement. "Is this how it was when I missed that first dance competition in Beijing??" I asked looking at everyone. "Isn't it the best?? The thrill of it all!" Jackson grinned. "wooo! What a rush!" I shouted. "hey honey... how are you feeling so far?" Luhan whispered handing me a water bottle. "I feel fantastic!" 

"...You said you were hurting earlier...down below..." he said cautiously. "shhh!" I covered his mouth. "I'm okay. The hype of the competition made me forget about it! I'm so happy oppa!" 

"even happier than last night?" he smirked. "definitely" I nodded. "what the heck" he pouted. "I'm kidding" I giggled. "Last night was good" I said shyly. "maybe we can relive it again tonight"

I hide my face in  his neck and for some reason I couldn't stop smiling. "maybe if we win this competition" I answered him carelessly. He wrapped his arms around me and held me close. We were too busy in our own world with our small talk that we didn't notice the crew staring at us. "Hey you two love birds, are ya done?" Suho sassed. "Hey grandpa, mind your own business" 

"This girl" he gritted his teeth pointing at me. He doesn't like to be called grandpa. "Hey Lena, remember that after they leave that's when our solo kicks in, okay?" Lay directed. "I know oppa. You've told me about a million times already." 

"well just making sure. Since this is your first competition and all" he told me. "I know I know! Can we go over it again? I forgot" I walked over to him. "oh my god! seriously??!" He cried. "Chill oppa! I'm just kidding. Stop freaking out so much! I got this!"
Lay wasn't taking any of my jokes. He's so serious when it comes to something like this but he wasn't mad. When it was our turn again out on the stage, we did our dance and after it was our solo. And not to toot my own horn but... we killed it!

Backstage, as we were waiting for them to announce the winner, Luhan and I were still smiling and having small talk like idiots. Not that this competiton didn't mean anything. We were just...falling in love even more. Looking at him, I was picturing my future with him. Something that I have always been afraid to do. I've always lived my life in the moment but I think it's time for me to plan our future together. I never actually thought that I would end up with anyone. I stared at Luhan and didn't notice what was going on until Baekhyun hugged me. He actually made it to one of our events, finally. "Noona!! You guys won!!"

"huh?? We won??" I repeated. "WE WON!!!!" I shouted. I ran around and hugged everyone. I ran to Luhan and jumped into his arms and he spun around. "OPPA! we did it!" I cried, literal tears. I looked at him as he looked at me. He slid me down against his body and kissed me. "Congratulations baby! We should celebrate tonight" he grinned. "Of course we have to celebrate! We should ask Lay oppa!" I said trying to run over to Lay. However, Luhan quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me back. "I wasn't talking about a group celebration. I'm talking about after. When it's just the two of us...at home..."

"your totally hooked aren't you?" I smiled. "...Can't touch this!" I shouted singing the song by mc hammer, dancing my way towards Lay and the others. Luhan laughed at me and shook his head but I can tell that he was serious.
_______________________
A few weeks after we won the competition, Lay has been extremely busy. He's moving on up. He found a bigger studio to expand his dance classes and used his winnings to buy the studio. He's also been accepted into a company as the choreographer. Min oppa and I thought about expanding our cafe too. So the two of us went building hunting and it was extremely hard considering that the area was super crowded and popular among the foreigners. But with the help of Luhan's friend, we managed to find a place and rent it. I guess it was easy after all. Wish he would have told us sooner that his friend owned the building there.

As for the rest of us, Suho is learning the ways of his family to take over his families empire of resorts. Chanyeol and Kai have been promoted to managers at our current location while Chen and Baek are managers at our new location. Kyungsoo has become our baker for both location so you'll see him back and forth between the two locations. Tao has been traveling to and from China to visit us whenever he has time. Kris has been doing the same too. And as for Sehun...
"Hey noona! what cha doing?? wanna go have lunch with me?? okay, let's go!" he asked as soon as he saw me, grabbing my hand. "yo! I didn't even agree to go!" I said being dragged along. I'm use to the sudden appearan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter