My Boyfriend, Luhan

In The Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My parents stared at us as Luhan was standing next to me as I sat in my bed. Luhan looked down at me as I looked up at him. I am in deep shi- “Lena, care to explain why this boy was in your bathroom?” mom questioned as she crossed her arm.

“...he was using the bathroom?” I said playfully with a shrug. “Lena” dad said looking at me. That tone of voice means to cut the crap and tell us the truth. “fine… Mom…dad, this is my boyfriend, Luhan.”

It was awfully awkward and quiet. I swear I could hear my own heart racing including Luhan’s. That’s how quiet it was. “Hello” Luhan greeted with a bow. My parents looked at him from head to toe. “excuse us…” mom said as they walked out of the room closing the door. “oh my god…” I sighed as soon as the door closed. I stood up and stood in front of Luhan. “are you okay?”

“…yeah…” he nodded unable to blink. “whats wrong?” I asked. “I didn’t think I would have been this nervous meeting your parents” he told me. “they’re really scary” he added.

“sorry. I didn’t want them to meet you like this or vice versa. I pictured this waaaay differently.” I lightly smiled. “this is way scarier than facing Mei’s parents. Why am I like this now??” he said with his hand over his chest. “calm down… its okay. It’s not bad. They’re probably ask a few questions and we’ll tell them everything truthfully and… hopefully they leave. It could be worse. Trust me.” I said reassuringly. Then my parents came in.

It got worse. “Lena, your mother and I are staying for dinner tonight. I need you and your mother to go to the store while I stay and talk to Luhan.” Dad said as they came in. “what?? Why? Whats there to talk about?? Luhan didn’t do anything wrong! I was the one who told him to hide in my bathroom!”

“come on honey!” mom smiled as she pulled me away from Luhan. I quickly grabbed Luhan’s hand. “I’m not leaving Luhan! Noooo!~” I whined. “Son, please tell Lena everything will be fine when she comes back from the store. We’re just gonna have a little talk that’s all” dad said to luhan.

Luhan held my hand and looked at me. “Its okay lena, go on with your mother to the store. Ill be fine” he smiled rubbing my hand. “…fine…” I said looking at him then my dad. “come on mom!” I yelled now rushing her out the door. The faster I go, the faster I come back!

When I got back from the store, Luhan and my dad were sitting in the living room quietly. “im home!” I shouted coming through the door with mom behind. “its so cold outside” mom shuttered from the cold breeze.

“welcome back dear!” my dad stood up walking to the kitchen. I ran past him and to Luhan. “…you okay?... what did dad say? Was it something embarrassing? Or stupid? Or maybe a little bit of both? Was it about me??”

“I’m alright… I’m still alive right?” he smiled standing up holding both my hands. “woo! Hot pot for dinner!” dad cried out with happiness while in the kitchen with mom. “hot po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter