Reschedule

In The Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stared at the cuts and bruises on his face as he looked back at me with no words. “oh goodness…” I sighed. “what did you do?” I asked as he tried to answer but winced from the cuts on the corners of his mouth. “Never mind” I shook my head. “Tell me later! Sit here ill be back!” I said helping him down on the couch. When I was about to run to my bathroom, he grabbed on to my wrist and pulled me down into his lap. “what are you doing?? I have to go get the first aid kit!”

“…you’re…crying…” he said wiping my tears. “…huh?” I said touching my own face. He’s right… when did I start crying? “you still care don’t you? that’s why you’re crying…” he said softly hugging my waist and resting his head on me. I didn’t answer since he already knew the answer. “i have to get the first aid kit” I tried getting up but he held on tightly.

“not yet…” he said as he played with my hands that were on my lap. Eventually, I got to the first aid kit and bandaged up his cuts and rubbed medicine on his bruises. I left him on the couch watching tv as I went to the kitchen to make dinner. So many thoughts were running through my head. Where do I start? Do I ask him what the hell he’s doing here? After I just left Beijing like literally half a day ago.

I set the table for him and called him over to sit. Words haven’t been exchanged since I started making dinner. “uhm… sorry, I don’t have anything else. I wasn’t expecting anyone for dinner today. But luckily I picked up some grilled fish from the restaurant down the street for tomorrows dinner.” I told him. He picked on the side dishes as I was separating the fish from the bones and placed it in his rice bowl. “thanks” he lightly smiled. “…you’re not eating?” he asked.

“I had dinner already” I said as he nodded while eating. “with the person who bought you that bear?” he added as I nodded. “…someone I know?” what’s with the questions here?? I’m supposed to be the one asking you! “no” I smiled internally.

“why are you so curious about me? if you want to know something, just ask.” I said straightforwardly. “who is it?” he asked too quickly. I chuckled at the urgency in his tone. “it was Sehun”

“Sehun?...as in your first

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter