Dinner with the Ex Fam

In The Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"KAAAAAAIIII!!!!!" I yelled who was in the back of the shop. "yes noona?" He came running. "Can you help me take down these decorations and put up new ones? I can't reach this. I'm already on my tippy toes" I smiled. "...uh..." he stalled. "but luhan hyung is sitting right he-" he pointed. "kai" I stared at him. "I mean... don't worry noona. I got it!" he smiled. "that's what I thought" I nodded. 

I jumped off the chair and slightly slipped falling on Luhan. But I quickly got off and walked to the patio outback. "KYUNGSOOO YAH!!" I shouted again. "What?" he came walking out. "can you help me rearrange the chairs and tables?" I asked. "but Luhan hyung is-" he started. I glared at him. "...ugh.. sure" he agreed. While we were rearranging the patio, Luhan's phone rang. "hello?" he picked up and walked inside. My eyes followed him. "noona?" 
"hmm?" I turned to look at him. "are you mad at Luhan hyung?" he asked. "No, what makes you say that?" I shook my head. "then why didn't you ask him to help you?" he questioned. "because Kyungsooooo, Luhan doesn't work for me, you do! Just because he's here, doesn't mean anything." I laughed. "so then... why do you seem mad at him?" 

"I do? well... I'm not sort of talking to him, if that's what you mean but I'm not mad." I shrugged. "Why are you not talking to him?" Kyungsoo asked. "well you see, uncle works at Luhan's company and I sorta kinda asked him to fire him." I told him. "no way! out of all places!" Kyungsoo laughed. "right?? so stupid!" I shook my head.  "Lena?" Luhan said coming back out. "what?" I turned to look at him. "there's something that I want to tell you" he grumbled looking at me and Kyungsoo. "what is it?"

"uhm...well, that was your uncle that called me." He started off. "okay?... what did he want?" I looked at him. "he...invited me out to dinner this upcoming weekend" he mumbled. "huh?...why? whatever the reason, don't go" 

"I'm the new president of the company. I can't say no. I have to make a good impression" he explained. "Why do you have to impress your worker? That doesnt mean anything. What if you were busy with something else?" 

"I already told him that I would go." he said. I sighed and shook my head. "well this is...a little awkward." Kyungsoo muttered softly. "If you already agreed, why are you telling me?" I asked. He hesitated a bit. "...he wants you to go too"

"I'm sorry, what??! I don't think so. No" I strongly denied. "I'm not gonna make you go but I'm telling you that he wants you to go" Luhan said as I started laughing. "I'm not going" I said walking into the cafe and to my office room as Luhan followed as Kyungsoo left to the kitchen. "can we talk about this later at home?" He whispered. "theres no later Luhan... I'm telling you now that I am not going." I stated clearly. He looked at me with this face. "okay... fine. I won't make you go because I saw what happened last time at your uncles." 

"thank you. that's all I wanted. I'll just hang out with Min oppa or something while your gone."
_________________________________________

That night, I was watching tv by myself as Luhan was already sleeping. Honestly, I was hoping to avoid him so he doesn't ask me to go with him. But for some reason, I was actually thinking of going. I don't wanna make Luhan look bad in front of my uncle and his family just because I hate them. "Baby, come to bed please" he said coming to the couch. He laid down in front of me on the little space I had left in front and threw his arm on me blocking my view of the tv with his face. "what the heck..." I whined. "I'm trying to watch tv" I told him. "come to bed with me" he mumbled. "No. Busy" I simply said. 

"busy watching tv?" he chuckled. "mmm" I nodded. "okay then we can sleep here" he suggested snuggling close. His nose touched mine and he smiled. I closed my eyes and melted.  Why is he doing this?? "much better than sleeping on a cold bed by myself" he hugged me. . "Luhan..." I started. "hmm?"
"What time is dinner with uncle?" I asked. "...what?" he opened his eyes suddenly. "What time is dinner with uncle?" I repeated. He looked at me surprised like I had just committed s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter