Painful Thursday Morning

In The Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Its a Thursday morning. At least I still think its morning. I rolled around in bed yawning and stretching happy knowing that school is done. I closed my eyes again but my phone was ringing. It was on my tv stand. So far. I groaned and sat up not bothering to even get up to get it. So I rolled to the edge of my bed and reached for it. Once I got it I rolled back and answered it. “hello?”

“Lena? Honey, its mom” yes I know that mom. “what is it?” I asked. “are you still sleeing? It sounds like you are.” Something doesn’t feel right. “why?”

“well you see… your uncle and his family came to our house and your dad mentioned your graduation.” DAD! YOU DIDN’T! “so? Why are you calling me?” I asked suspiciously. “they wanted to congratulate you and see where you live so we are on our way now to see you” DAD YOU DID!! NOOO!~ “Huh???!” I cried as all the sleepiness in my just left. “here?? Ohh omma!! Are you far??”

“we just left the house.” Good! Gives me time to clean up! “okay omma! Ill see you when you get here then!” I hung up on her without saying goodbye and ran out of my room and to the kitchen. I clipped up my hair before I went to rinse the dishes and placed them into the dish washer before going to pick up my snack bags and bottles from my living room. I wiped the table and swept the floor until it was spotless.  I lit some candles for the fragrance and arranged the pillows on the couch. As I was dusting the table, my doorbell rang. Oh joy…they’re here.

I quickly dusted the table and went to open the door. “come in” I invited. “Hi Lena” my cousins greeted then my aunt and uncle. My parents came in last. I stopped my mom, “you know I don’t like them, why did you tell them??” I angrily whispered to her. “I didn’t. your father did.” Great! And I cant get mad either since he got me a weekend gift voucher for my graduation. I walked away and mom closed my door. “hey guys” I greeted. “So small” I heard the eldest say to her younger siblings. I rolled my hands into a fist. Calm down Lena. Your chance will come. Be patient. “do you have anything to drink?” my aunt asked going through my fridge. Yeah, grab a freaken cup and use the water dispenser!  “ill get it! I only have water though sorry” I smiled. No the im not sorry!  “anyone else want water?” I asked going to the kitchen. “no, were good” they answered sitting down on the couch continuing to wander with their eyes.

“you live here by yourself?” one of my cousins asked. No Sherlock. “yeah” I nodded handing my aunt her water. “what are you gonna do now that schools done?” My aunt said taking a sip of the water. “I don’t know. Continue teaching dance and managing my café”

“omo! You have a café??” she gasped. I nodded. “At such a young age. Hyo Jin is studying to become a doctor. Here we go. Hyo jin is the second eldes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter