Dark Circles

In The Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you okay?” That voice again. Soft and soothing. I opened my eyes and looked up. “Luhan-sshi…” I sighed in relief. “what are you doing sneaking up behind me?”

“I came to your café. When I finally figured out the location, I saw you closing shop.” He smiled. “oh… well why didn’t you say anything to me?”

“I wanted to scare you” he chuckled. “is it fun?” I asked him. “yeah, your reactions are so cute” I was taken aback from his comment and paused for a while looking into his eyes. God, don’t do this to me. He’s taken. Which reminds me… he still had his arms around my waist!

“uhh!...” I said quickly removing myself. “… sorry, we close shop at 11pm.” I told him now feeling awkward. “where you headed ?” he asked. “home”

“of course, what a stupid question.” He chuckled again. “I guess ill let you be on your way”

I unlocked my car and he opened it for me. “…t-thanks…” I said nervously. I got in as he closed it. I opened the window. “Can I come back tomorrow? What time do you guys open?”

“Minseok oppa gets here at about 7:00am to open shop at 8am.” He listened carefully and nodded his head. “what about you? when do you get here?”

“I get here usually around 1pm or so.” He’s asking for my whole schedule. Maybe its bad that I told him! “i’m gonna go now” I said trying to leave. “okay, then… I guess ill see you tomorrow. Drive safely.” He waved.

I smiled and waved back at him closing the window. It would be rude just to drive off you know? On the way out of the parking lot, I looked at my side mirror and felt bad leaving him there in the dark by himself when he walked all the way here from lord knows where to my café. Aigoo, Lena…why do I always feel like this? Why do I have to be so nice?? I sighed backing up the car and rolled down my window. “something wrong?” he asked.

“…how far did you walk to get here?” i asked back. “… I don’t know, about 3 miles or so” he shrugged. “want a ride?” i said as he smiled. That smile…it can’t be? Maybe im thinking too much. Maybe that argument I had with Mina is making me hallucinate.

I drove on as I followed his directions. The car ride was really quiet and awkward. And I do mean awkward. “…so” we said together then chuckled. “you go first.” He told me. “…so…you said you use to live in Seoul, why did you move?”

“…uhm, we had some trouble at home…” I didn’t want to get into any of his business so I just left it at that. Surprisingly, he told me what that problem was like we were close friends. “My family was having financial issues so I had to move back home and help them to my abilities.”

“oh…” I nodded stopping at a red light. “where were you born?” I continued my questions. “Beijing” he answered. Beijing…I use to know someone from Beijing… wait a second! What?? BEIJING? My heart was racing for some reason when I heard that word. Beijing. But I kept cool. “wow… Beijing huh? I thought you were born here” I laughed. “your Korean is so good” I told him.

“thank you” he smiled. “I went to school here for a bit before I moved home and continued to learn Korean since then.” I just kept nodded while listening to him. Before I knew it, we were at his destination.

“thanks for the ride” he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter