A Banquet

In The Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Authors pov

"good morning Boss!" kyungsoo walked in greeting Minseok behind the counter. "Hey" minseok smiled. "your early?" he said checking his watch. "am i?" kyungsoo chuckled. "Mom said that i should show up early on the first day of work. This is so exciting! where did you want me to start??" 
"well the others don't get here until an hour later so i think we should prepare the stuff for our cakes and sweets and get baking" Minseok said as they walked to the kitchen. 

Since Kyungsoo was an expert baker, he had the kitchen smelling like a legit bakery and even impressed Minseok with his decorating skills. "hyung! what actually smells good in here??" baekhyun popped in from the door, followed by chen and chanyeol. "you guys are finally here! look at this! 
They all gathered around for a taste test and were blown away by the taste. "wahh! not too sweet not too plain!" chanyeol nodded with a thumbs up. "so moist too! hyung this is definitely way better than yours" chen said putting down his fork. "hey, my desserts are fine." minseok announced proudly. "your right, they are fine. But now, we just had better" baekhyun laughed causing everyone else to laugh except Minseok. He glared at them causing them to immediately stop. "uh... ill go prepare the front for opening" baek nervously laughed. "we'll go help!" chen and chanyeol blurted together quickly leaving. 
As they left through the door, kai was coming in. "what were they doing back here?" he asked. "just taste testing. Try it" minseok said sliding a plate of cake over to him. Kai took a bite and remained quiet. "not bad. you made this hyung?" 

"no" he shook his head. "kyungsoo did. This is our new baker. Kyungsoo, this is kai. Kai, this is Kyungsoo." Minseok introduced. "hey" kai said quickly. "...hello..." kyungsoo slowly bowed. " 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Lay was opening up his studio as Lena showed up talking on the phone. "morning chingu!" Lay waved as soon as he saw her. She waved back with a smile. "Luhan says Hi!" she told him as she went to put her belongings in Lay's office. "Hello Lu Ge!" Lay shouted into the phone so Lena put it on speaker. "Hi lay how have you been?" luhan laughed. "I'm okay! but I dont think Lena's doing okay though. She whines a lot about you not being here. It's being coming a pain for everyone" Lay joked. "That's not true!" Lena cried. "Lay oppa go away" she giggled, playfully pushing him taking Luhan off speaker. 
She went to go sit on the floor leaning againist the wall as she continued her conversation with Luhan. "what's your schedule for today, Mr. Lu?"
"Well Miss. Park... I'm waiting for the second meeting to start. Then after that, there's all these documents I have to glance over then tonight, there is a banquet that I have to attend with my parents for a charity."

"whoa, your extremely busy. Is it okay for us to be talking right now?" She asked. "of course, I still have about less than 5 minutes to talk to you" he chuckled. "so that means your not calling tonight? i know these charity banquet last forever don't they?"
"depends on my parents but ill sneak in a call baby, dont worry." Lena grinned after hearing the word baby. "araseooo~" she said cheesily. "dont dress

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter