Our Fears

In The Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So its really early in the morning and I couldn’t really sleep after Luhan told me his parents wanted to meet me. I fell in and out of sleep until about 5:30am and decided to just get up and go out for a walk leaving Luhan who was still sleeping. The sun hasn’t even peaked yet in this cold morning so I sat and waited for a coffee shop to open at the park. What am I supposed to do?...his parents want to meet me?...i don’t do very well meeting adults…

I was thinking to myself back and forth for a long while and didn’t realize what time it was. I figured Luhan might be hungry when he wakes up so I went to get some breakfast and coffee for both of us. “good morning!” the barista greeted. “hello” I smiled greeting back. “what can I get you this morning?” he asked.

“mmm…” I hummed looking at the menu behind him. “could I get two hot coffees please?” I told the guy. “alright two hot coffee it is! Anything else?” he smiled. “…maybe Luhan doesn’t like hot coffee…uhmm… actually could I get one hot coffee and an Americano?” I changed my order.

“sure!” he said tapping the screen in front of him. “…hmm… what if he likes both?...never mind could I get another cup of hot coffee? Sorry!” I giggled. “okay. So two hot coffees and one Americano” he nodded adding another drink to the list. “yes” I nodded back. “that’s all im ordering I promise” I joked.

I paid for the drinks then found a spot on the couches waiting for my order. I sat back in the couch and thought about meeting Luhan’s parents some more. What if they don’t like me for breaking up him and mei? what if they don’t like cause I’m not Chinese? What if they don’t like me cause I’m not rich like Mei and her parents? What if they don’t like the way I look? and what I do for a living? Aigoo... my head hurts…

I eventually got my order and walked out with a cup holder in my hand. Before I even got a few feet away from the door I hear this voice. This annoying voice… “funny running into you again. I was hoping to never see you ever again” she said as I turned around. Greeeeat…It’s Mina.  “Nothing is funny about us running into each other. The only thing funny is probably your face and your voice” I looked at her.

“I can’t believe we were ever friends” she scoffed. “yeah I cant believe it either. Thank god we’re not anymore. I don’t know how in the hell I dealt with your voice for freaken four years.” I shook my head.

“I don’t know how I dealt with you either. Who’s the coffee for? You and your messed up delusiona

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter