Surprise 1/2

In The Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh god, my back hurts…but why do I feel so comfortable now? And its so…warm. I took a deep breath and sighed. Why can’t I move? I could feel a warm breath coming down my face. I looked up and saw Luhan’s face dangerously close to mine. When did I get here? I fell asleep in the bathroom floor last night. What the?? I removed his arms from around me and sat up sliding to the edge. It was about 7:30am and I have somewhere to be. And yes, im still mad at him.

I quietly got off the bed and into the bathroom while grabbing my clothes to change and I grabbed one of his snapback too. I grabbed a bottle of water on my way out and met up with a friend lay introduced me to a while back.

~~~~~~

“thanks for coming here so early Lena” Lay’s friend hugged me. “sure no problem! Anything for a friend of Lay’s” I smiled. “the kids are gonna be so excited to see you again!” he said as we prepared to open the studio. At about 9:00am the kids began to show up by groups. “Teacher Lau!~” the kids came running in towards him. “Hi kids!!” he waved as they crashed into with open arms. “Hey looks whose back! The pretty sister who teacher lay came with last time!

“Sister Lena!!” they cried crashing into me after Henry. “Hello!” I laughed being knocked over by children. “help me!” I cried to Henry. “…No… I think ill let you suffer for a bit longer” he chuckled. “I cant breathe!” I laughed. “okay okay! Come kids let’s get off the pretty sister and start class!” he clapped before lifting them off me. “whew! I almost didn’t live to see my 22nd birthday” I laughed.

Class started as soon as the kids got into their lines. An hour later, the kids left and the older kids came. We danced until about lunch time which was the end of class anyway. “I thought you had to leave at 10?” Henry asked. “…uhh… change of plans I guess..” I said thoughtfully. “thanks for staying then. Lay’s really lucky to have a friend like you”

“I tell him that all the time!” I joked. We sat and talked in the empty studio until about 11:30am. I was too busy talking to Henry I didn’t bother to check my phone but when I did… I felt an adrenaline rush going through my body. Uh oh… I got 14 missed called, 9 text messages, 3 voicemails. All coming from Luhan. I admit I am a little worried that he’s mad at me but I also didn’t care at the same time. I looked at my phone and stared at my notifications. Pfft! Laugh at me huh??... Jerk! “Im starving lets go have some lunch” henry invited.

I looked down to my phone for a bit then back to Henry. “sure!”

~~~~~~~~~~~

“my stomach is gonna explode!!” Henry groaned patting his belly. I laughed at him and poked his stomach. “stoop!~” he whined. “Its really hard!” I smiled. “yup that’s what she said” he said smiling back. “so mature” I scoffed sarcastically.

We left the restaurant walking back to the studio when I could feel my pocket vibrating. I gues

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter